ADVERTISEMENT

Saw the scrimmage yesterday and was reminded why…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
I make the seven hour trip from Tampa only once every 10-12 years. But it was certainly worth the effort to see old Letterman and to hear Kirby speak to the group. More on the scrimmage later, but first a few thoughts about the UGA campus. I arrived early enough to drive and walk through much of the campus. It gets more beautiful every time I see it! The trees are bigger and greener; the hedges, shrubbery and flowers are just gorgeous; so many new buildings (I get lost on East Campus) that are just sparkling and stunning. The only drawback was that the hills on campus seem a lot steeper at age 76, ha! So much to be proud of at our beloved alma mater, athletically and academically.

I agree with most of the other comments about the scrimmage, with a few differences. Carson had a pretty good day, but it would’ve probably been a very good day against most other teams’ defenses. I believe Woodring missed as many field goals as he made, which is different from another view stated by someone else, but he wasn’t missing by a lot. Thorson is awesome! Etienne will be special, as will Frazier. Gunner will be our backup QB for the time being, but Puglisi is right on his heels, and based on what I saw yesterday, will be our starting quarterback next year; he has the strongest arm of all the QBs and very accurate. Dominic Lovett is very quick, fast and smooth with great hands! Anthony Evans caught my eye as a receiver and as a return man. Sacovie fair caught a punt on the one yard line….. Kirby had a fit! All of our defense stood out; that’s what made it so hard for anybody on offense. All things considered, the scrimmage was pretty much a standoff.

Kirby was on the loud speaker, and the volume was turned up as high as it would go! It’s amazing how many details he can see from on the field. He coaches the players, and he coaches the coaches, over the PA system; he is a maniac, in a good way! He complains about our lack of depth, but we have more depth than anybody else except possibly Ohio State. It’s hard to believe how many outstanding football players he can recruit to come to UGA and to sit for two years or so. A few of the teams on our schedule are capable of beating us if we have a bad day….I don’t believe we’ll have many bad days! GO DAWGS!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.