ADVERTISEMENT

SC vs. FLA: Who gets a new HC 1st?

fprex

Pocket Dogs - I always got a hot dog in my pocket
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2006
These two teams are spiraling down the drain at about the same rate except when you factor in Florida's program expectations vs. South Carolina's.

After 3 seasons of playing around in the kids' jump house, Shane Beamer is 20-18 overall, 10-14 in the SEC, and 1-1 in bowl games. He comes off a 5-7/3-5 campaign and recruiting is currently looking pretty rough (33rd) after recruiting finishes of 26/17/31. Predicted to finish 13th in the SEC by the SEC media.

shane-beamer.jpg

img_2972.jpg

Shane is getting after all of those kids in high school that called him a dork and is trying his best to stand out as the cool kid.

Meanwhile in The Swamp, Billy Napier comes in with a 2 year record of 11-14, 6-10 in the SEC and an 0-1 bowl record. Suffice to say, his 2nd HC stint has not gone as smoothly as his first in Louisiana. (40-12/27-5/3-1 bowl record) After recruiting finishes of 13th and 15th, the Gators are drowning in murky, swamp waters currently at 53rd in the Rivals recruiting rankings. Predicted to finish 12th in the conference by the SEC media.

Billy always looks like the high school kid trying to conceal the fact he has tobacco in his mouth, even in formal photos.

Napier_Billy_211205_9630.jpg

02bddf9835e6e2651f676d366429b5cf

And does any team have a rougher post-bye schedule than the Gators? This is their November schedule:
  • #1 Georgia
  • @ #4 Texas
  • #12 LSU
  • #6 Ole Miss
  • @ #15 FSU
I can already hear the musical backdrop to the Gators 2024 highlight reel...

FKO0yytaIAEZVNH.jpg:large

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Last edited:
This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.