ADVERTISEMENT

Scheffler arrested outside PGA where a car wreck had occurred

Worst nightmare man. I'm not a Scottie fan but I really feel for him here. I can imagine he was thinking about his round and just assumed it was regular security. No way he was actually "trying to run over an officer" as it was said. I get that the police are doing their job and not faulting them at all. Just saying this appears to be a legit case of an unfortunate circumstance at the absolute worst possible time. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail once the dust settles. Surely they won't actually prosecute this.

Worst nightmare man. I'm not a Scottie fan but I really feel for him here. I can imagine he was thinking about his round and just assumed it was regular security. No way he was actually "trying to run over an officer" as it was said. I get that the police are doing their job and not faulting them at all. Just saying this appears to be a legit case of an unfortunate circumstance at the absolute worst possible time. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail once the dust settles. Surely they won't actually prosecute this.

Agree. I’d withdraw and go home and see my baby. Now he has to deal with this and 8,000 media questions. No way his head will be in right place to compete at a major this morning

Scottie didn’t know oh Scottie didn’t no-o
scotty-3.gif

Where the hell are the mayor and governor at this point?

What a calamity- they’ve been warning us about law enforcement for a while now…

Reactions: WBDawg13
On PGA Tour radio this morning they said they had gotten communication that players would be able to enter the course. He was in a marked player courtesy car. Bad scene all the way around.

Jeff Darlington posted that the police officer attempted to attach himself to Scottie’s car and when that happened he stopped the car and got out. The officer then proceeded to scream at him, shoved him against the car, and immediately cuffed him and put him in the back of a cruiser.

The officer grabbed Scheffler's arm to pull him out of the vehicle, according to Darlington. The officer reached inside the vehicle to open the door, and once Scheffler was pulled out, he was pushed against the car and placed in handcuffs.

Darlington was standing at the entrance when Scheffler was detained. Darlington said Scheffler turned to him and asked, "Can you help?"

According to Darlington, an officer instructed him to back away.

"You need to get out of the way," the officer told Darlington. "There's nothing you can do. Scottie Scheffler is going to jail."

If the body cam footage supports it's a BAD look for the PD for sure especially if he was in a marked player courtesy car.

Jeff Darlington posted that the police officer attempted to attach himself to Scottie’s car and when that happened he stopped the car and got out. The officer then proceeded to scream at him, shoved him against the car, and immediately cuffed him and put him in the back of a cruiser.

The officer grabbed Scheffler's arm to pull him out of the vehicle, according to Darlington. The officer reached inside the vehicle to open the door, and once Scheffler was pulled out, he was pushed against the car and placed in handcuffs.

Darlington was standing at the entrance when Scheffler was detained. Darlington said Scheffler turned to him and asked, "Can you help?"

"You need to get out of the way," the officer told Darlington. "There's nothing you can do. Scottie Scheffler is going to jail."

If the body cam footage supports it's a BAD look for the PD for sure especially if he was in a marked player courtesy car.
They didn’t know it was Scheffler. They asked Darlington after Scheffler was in the patrol car “do you know the name of the person that was just arrested?”

Sounds like Scheffler is not totally innocent here. Police told him to stop, he kept going. Policeman attached himself to the car and he still kept going. Maybe he didn’t understand what was going on, but if a uniformed officer/security guard tells you to stop and physically gets on/in front of your car you don’t keep driving.

Cop was absolutely on a power trip. He tried to pull him out of a window of a MARKED player courtesy car. Stop defending bad policing.
I’m not defending at all. I was replying to the post where the police officer said “Scottie Scheffler is going to jail.” I was saying that they only said “he is going to jail”. According to the video from Darlington, they didn’t use his name.

See my other posts. This work by the Louisville PD is subpar and will face consequences.

Reactions: accountingdawg2012
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT