ADVERTISEMENT

Scorched earth…

Shephard10

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
Louisville, KY
(Edit: for clarity, this post is referring to a scorched earth mentality in recruiting only. Not proposing we tear down the foundations of this program. )

Now, I’ve already posted saying that right now is not the time to hit the eject button and pull wholesale changes in this team and this coaching staff. It’s a long season, goals are still there.

BUT, I firmly believe we need an Ohio State level decimation of the portal and recruiting field. Like, scorched earth, throw everything you got at it, break all of your own rules, and finally cough up some cash for some of these game changing players.

Ohio State got whipped three years in a row by Michigan, and that program and fan base had such a disgusting taste in their mouth… they’d had enough. So Cryin’ Day pulled all the strings. The program and the boosters (including former players) sunk a ton of money into that NIL budget. We will see how that plays out this season, but if we want to stay at the top of college football, we have to figure out how to get the secret weapon on this football team… the players.

Kirby Smart needs to seriously and painfully assess the strategies and systems he’s been using since he’s been here, the ones he learned from Saban, to see if they are still working. Right now, it doesn’t look to me like they still are, but I’m a nobody that can hardly pay all my bills.

To be clear, I don’t think that RIGHT THIS MOMENT we are in trouble. But this is a fork in the road type of moment. What team are we and who can we be? Do we have enough? If not, we gotta start making some adjustments.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.