ADVERTISEMENT

Scuttlebutt is that

Whosyodawgy

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
Biden does not have the stones to stand up and will only hit proxy groups in retaliation for the killing of our troops.

Who’s wanting to go to war. Trumps policies worked against Iran and if BidenObama regime would adopt it would work for them too.
Lot of people are mad at Biden for insufficient retaliation against Iran - this would mean war.

The anger should be directed at him for having our soldiers there in the first place

Reactions: stray and Bells76
What Trump did. Isolate. Financially squeeze. Get everyone around Iran to enter into the Abraham Accords.
Abraham Accords is not good. Still allows for 2 state solution. God IS NOT going to allow His land be divided again. This is bad business. Trump paid for it.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Biden does not have the stones to stand up and will only hit proxy groups in retaliation for the killing of our troops.
And it gets worse

What's the better plan?
The Iranians only have six ports. Trump told them if they pulled any shit he would take out one of their ports. If they continued, he would take out another and another until they understood the error of their ways.
We should take a port out now and tell them they should have known not to let their assholes misbehave.
I gather you did not read the CNN article I posted last night. Otherwise you would know a little something.

Bullshit.
WOW! You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
I know there is no benefit to the american people for our soldiers to be anywhere in the middle east and I know that being there has only led to the death of soldiers, the raiding of our coffers, and the drastic decrease of our effective military power

US troops have been in that spot since 2015

that's not to say whether they should be or not. not my bailiwick
oh for sure. I was not implying it was Biden's decision to put them there but every America president who did not bring them home bears the responsiblity for putting soldiers at risk for no gain. Biden is the current president thus these deaths are on him. I would feel the exact same way if DT was president.

Our military needs to be predominately on the American homeland with locations scattered throughout the gulf and the pacific as those are our natural spheres of influence imo.

I know there is no benefit to the american people for our soldiers to be anywhere in the middle east and I know that being there has only led to the death of soldiers, the raiding of our coffers, and the drastic decrease of our effective military power
If we did withdraw all our assets from the ME, apparently you calculate that the outcome would not affect us adversely.

Do you think that the interruption of the massive amount of maritime traffic through the Red Sea and the Suez Canal would not affect our "coffers"? If so, please enighten us as to how you drew that conclusion.
Obviously you are well versed as to all the things our Coast Guard does in the Persian Gulf, such as stopping huge illegal drug shipments. CENTCOM and the Coast Guard both operate from our base in Bahrain. But certainly you know all about CENTCOM and what they do and still you advocate abandoning that base. So, in your studied opinion, please explain the advantages to our country of doing so.
These are just two of the considerations among dozens of others. But I'm positive you thought through everything.
So, I ask these questions because I'd appreciate the benefit of your intelligence and thoughtful deliberation on these complex matters.
So many people just spew nonsense and are simply ignormouses without the slightest bit of experience, training or knowledge about subjects they form opinions on. It is refreshing to come across a real thinker such as yourself.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
If we did withdraw all our assets from the ME, apparently you calculate that the outcome would not affect us adversely.

Do you think that the interruption of the massive amount of maritime traffic through the Red Sea and the Suez Canal would not affect our "coffers"? If so, please enighten us as to how you drew that conclusion.
Obviously you are well versed as to all the things our Coast Guard does in the Persian Gulf, such as stopping huge illegal drug shipments. CENTCOM and the Coast Guard both operate from our base in Bahrain. But certainly you know all about CENTCOM and what they do and still you advocate abandoning that base. So, in your studied opinion, please explain the advantages to our country of doing so.
These are just two of the considerations among dozens of others. But I'm positive you thought through everything.
So, I ask these questions because I'd appreciate the benefit of your intelligence and thoughtful deliberation on these complex matters.
So many people just spew nonsense and are simply ignormouses without the slightest bit of experience, training or knowledge about subjects they form opinions on. It is refreshing to come across a real thinker such as yourself.
Yeah those with the experience, training, and knowledge have really made great decision after great decision over there. Let’s see, we had the friendly Persian Shah in power but the CIA and our government just couldn’t resist supporting a “populist” overthrow of that government. That’s worked out great.

Saddam Hussein was an effective check on Shiite power but we just had to get rid of him for all those “weapons of mass destruction” that turned out to be a lie.

The same experts decided it would be a great idea to arm and train the taliban. That ended up being a great decision.

What about the experts who lied to everyone about the gulf of tonken incident? Vietnam really worked out well for us.

What about our expert generals who let our Afghan allies rape children on American bases and implemented a strategy over 20 years that *checks notes* lasted about 5 seconds after we pulled out? Yeah that was worth it.

I could on about the experts but the point is the getting a degree from an Ivy League school doesn’t mean a person is actually competent and our “expert” class has routinely made decision after decision that doesn’t benefit the American people.

Putting that aside there is no reason to have our shipping run through the Suez when we could have total control over the Panama Canal tomorrow. But even if we couldn’t have the Panama Canal Americans shouldn’t be dying so corporate fat cats can keep getting fatter.

The Middle East has nothing we need and our blundering over there has yielded us nothing.

Also why the hell is our coast guard operating anywhere other than the coast of America?

Because if in fact the argument in support of us spending lives and treasure over there is stopping drug trafficking it hasn’t made made a hill of beans worth of difference. The drugs in this country overwhelmingly come across the border which is where our military should be.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Yeah those with the experience, training, and knowledge have really made great decision after great decision over there. Let’s see, we had the friendly Persian Shah in power but the CIA and our government just couldn’t resist supporting a “populist” overthrow of that government. That’s worked out great.

Saddam Hussein was an effective check on Shiite power but we just had to get rid of him for all those “weapons of mass destruction” that turned out to be a lie.

The same experts decided it would be a great idea to arm and train the taliban. That ended up being a great decision.

What about the experts who lied to everyone about the gulf of tonken incident? Vietnam really worked out well for us.

What about our expert generals who let our Afghan allies rape children on American bases and implemented a strategy over 20 years that *checks notes* lasted about 5 seconds after we pulled out? Yeah that was worth it.

I could on about the experts but the point is the getting a degree from an Ivy League school doesn’t mean a person is actually competent and our “expert” class has routinely made decision after decision that doesn’t benefit the American people.

Putting that aside there is no reason to have our shipping run through the Suez when we could have total control over the Panama Canal tomorrow. But even if we couldn’t have the Panama Canal Americans shouldn’t be dying so corporate fat cats can keep getting fatter.

The Middle East has nothing we need and our blundering over there has yielded us nothing.

Also why the hell is our coast guard operating anywhere other than the coast of America?

Because if in fact the argument in support of us spending lives and treasure over there is stopping drug trafficking it hasn’t made made a hill of beans worth of difference. The drugs in this country overwhelmingly come across the border which is where our military should be.
It would take far less than our military to secure our borders.
I guess you think we should not have gotten involved in WW2; or is that an exception to your version of the Monroe Doctrine?

It would take far less than our military to secure our borders.
I guess you think we should not have gotten involved in WW2; or is that an exception to your version of the Monroe Doctrine?
So are you conceding that the “expert” class has made disastrous decision after decision since Vietnam?

We didn’t have a choice but to fight Japan after Pearl Harbor. But I don’t think prosecuting the war until the unconditional surrender was particularly wise and arming Mao and the reds in China was a huge mistake.

There was no reason for us to get involved in the European theatre.

However there is a rather large difference between the American military as it existed in 1944 and 2024. We had hyper-competent leaders, and our industrial capacity gilded every other nations.

Those two things are no longer reality and it needs to be taken into consideration before any military action.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT