ADVERTISEMENT

Season/Team Thoughts (long)

Justjohn419

Bedroom Eyes
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2016
Georgia
2023 and 2024 are very different for a few reasons. 1) The schedule was super easy in ‘23 and we weren’t really challenged until Bama (Auburn was more a reflection of Beck’s road game inexperience) 2) our team is more experienced in the starting 22 this year. 3) our opponents have different strengths this year vs last year.

Key Games in ‘24:

Clemson: It sounds like their secondary is trash, but they have some decent guys up front. It may be a close game for 2-3 quarters but as our OLine leans on their starting DLine, we pull away in the 3rd/4th qtr. Easy win 31-17

Bama: they don’t have an NFL secondary this year. Rumors are already swirling that the offense is way ahead of the defense - this isn’t surprising when you consider DeBoer is an offensive coach and has never needed a physical defense. We will score, but so will they - tough road win 41-38.

Texas: we play the longhorns after a rough 4 game stretch and the key here is how healthy are we/they? I think Quinn Ewers can expose our secondary, but how good is their OLine and defense? This is the only game I think we might lose in 2024, but those unknowns lead me to default to the team with better depth pulling ahead late - UGA wins 37-34.

Ole Miss: I just can’t get behind the idea of Kiffin winning big games against the Bamas & Georgias of the SEC. He always seems to fall short in those big moments, but this is probably his best team of his career. I just don’t think they have the depth to sustain this late in the year. We roll 41-27.

Key players we need to step up to All-SEC caliber play this year:
1. Dominic Lovett
2. Oscar Delp
3. Jared Wilson
4. Daylen Everette
5. Christen Miller
6. Damon Wilson

Heisman - Beck makes it to NYC but falls short due to our running game being so strong. I would pick Ewers given they have lost their 2 best RBs and will be airing it out.

12-0 or 11-1 season with a rematch vs Texas or Bama in the SECCG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.