ADVERTISEMENT

Seat-backs at Sanford.

Gfunk20

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
Not sure if any of yall follow the guy on X that coordinates the seat-backs at Sanford. He recently posted last year, after the season ended, a picture of an đź‘€ emoji with a pic of new seat-backs that were supposed to be installed to replace the old red-ones that I feel have been around since they originally put them in, which would have been like the mid-2000s I think?

Anyway, he posted a pic recently which showed a pic of the red seat-backs and said something to the effect of “almost time.” I replied in his tweet and said are they not getting the new seat-backs like you posted last year and are they staying with the red ones? He sent me a message and said that the university said it was too much money so no new seat-backs this year, same old red ones….

Listen, my family has four of them and they do a good job of securing your seat space so you don’t have someone trying to cram an extra person into a seat because they want that person to sit with them. I like that part. Those things though are pretty uncomfortable and provide no support with that backrest. I don’t know many folks that actually like them. When they first were installed, I think most of us liked them as they were something new to counter act the metal bleacher seats and provide your body with something to help you while you’re sitting. Now, it feels like they’ve outlived their life expectancy and don’t provide much of anything.

I’m wondering when/if Sanford will ever go to the bleachers that have the backs on them that are seemingly in all stadiums now. LSU comes to mind. Seems like that’s a thing now that most stadiums are doing. I personally don’t see Sanford ever doing that but it would be nice to have a good back to rest on. I love how they have them at LSU and are pretty comfortable. To me, much more comfortable than the red seat-backs.

Here is what they were supposed to look like. Obviously disregard the NC St logo but they were going to be all mesh.

H3fXm4s.jpeg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News