ADVERTISEMENT

Serbia up big in 4th qtr

Lebron has somehow been the best player in the entire tournament at 39. I am not a fan. The one time I root for him every four years is when he plays for the USA. You have to call it like you see it. Nothing short of brilliant. Guy is the point guard on offense, while also from time to time covering jokic on defense. That was a magic like performance. Chef curry came up clutch as well. The new guys in American basketball need to improve rapidly or this Olympic tournament will get ugly.

Outside of embid(who started slow) and antman, the older guys have really carried the mail. Durant, James, curry and Davis have been terrific. Curry really only played huge yesterday, but 36 points in an Olympic game is crazy.

Steph struggled in the first three games. There was an article wondering how long before Kerr took him out of the starting lineup.

I've said this for awhile, but I think the best NBA team that could win without their foreign players (one example being the Celtics minus Porzingis) would do just as well as an all star team. Really hard to build chemistry in a few weeks.

Lebron has somehow been the best player in the entire tournament at 39. I am not a fan. The one time I root for him every four years is when he plays for the USA. You have to call it like you see it. Nothing short of brilliant. Guy is the point guard on offense, while also from time to time covering jokic on defense. That was a magic like performance. Chef curry came up clutch as well. The new guys in American basketball need to improve rapidly or this Olympic tournament will get ugly.

Outside of embid(who started slow) and antman, the older guys have really carried the mail. Durant, James, curry and Davis have been terrific. Curry really only played huge yesterday, but 36 points in an Olympic game is crazy.
I hear your last point. But next time the core will be Ant, Booker, and Adebayo, and you add in Banchero and even Cooper Flagg. Maybe a couple guards like Brunson or Tyrese Maxey. It won’t be as good as this team but could still be good enough to win. Watch out for the French though.

Reactions: zingerdawg
I hear your last point. But next time the core will be Ant, Booker, and Adebayo, and you add in Banchero and even Cooper Flagg. Maybe a couple guards like Brunson or Tyrese Maxey. It won’t be as good as this team but could still be good enough to win. Watch out for the French though.
Good point on the French. We still have to get by them now. I love cooper Flagg. I have been on him for a while. Last year there is some video of him at Steph’s camp. Several nba guys. Bozeman a former hawk was one. These guys were deferring to Flagg. He was 16. He isn’t as athletic but he sees the game like Lebron. And already a better shooter. He will be tough. Brunson did do much last time out for team USA last summer. I like maxey, but I hope we have better guards coming. Outside of ant there is no one as dynamic as Lebron, Steph, and Kd. If a adebayo is our best big, we are in a ton of trouble. I hope I am wrong. I am an Olympics guy. Summer and winter. I will be behind them no matter what.

Edit: I like Blanchero a ton. We caught a break that he didn’t choose to play for Italy. Actually a naturalized citizen there too. You are 100 percent right. He will help

• Love
Reactions: brimur
At some point, they will get beat again. Just hope it's not in the medal round. We'll still have the best team, but the best team doesn't always win. The competition is good and getting better around the world.

Steph struggled in the first three games. There was an article wondering how long before Kerr took him out of the starting lineup.

I've said this for awhile, but I think the best NBA team that could win without their foreign players (one example being the Celtics minus Porzingis) would do just as well as an all star team. Really hard to build chemistry in a few weeks.
He did struggle. I just don’t see anyone outside of ant going for 36 in a game. One thing that may work in our favor is we may ride three stars more and not defer as much. That is what makes the foreign teams so effective. Bogey and jokic were their stars. No questions asked. Same with the French and csnadians. I hope tatum doesn’t get disenchanted with playing for team USA. He hasn’t had a good experience and deserves better. He will be a guy they could use in a few years as a certain starter as well. We always have guys coming up, but it is a weird time. Jokic, doncic, and sga were the three best players in the nba last year. Not a one of them is American. Just worried a little. That is all.

He did struggle. I just don’t see anyone outside of ant going for 36 in a game. One thing that may work in our favor is we may ride three stars more and not defer as much. That is what makes the foreign teams so effective. Bogey and jokic were their stars. No questions asked. Same with the French and csnadians. I hope tatum doesn’t get disenchanted with playing for team USA. He hasn’t had a good experience and deserves better. He will be a guy they could use in a few years as a certain starter as well. We always have guys coming up, but it is a weird time. Jokic, doncic, and sga were the three best players in the nba last year. Not a one of them is American. Just worried a little. That is all.
Booker could do it. Has scored 70 plus before and can get crazy streaky beyond the arc. I'm surprised Jokic hasn't been more of a force in scoring. We're lucky he couldn't hit the three.

My best friend over here is a Nugget fan and he said they hired Malone as a consultant on their international team a few years back to try to help them make Jokic the dominant player in international play that he is with Denver. I don't think Malone is helping them in the Olympics. But if he is, it's not working.

Booker could do it. Has scored 70 plus before and can get crazy streaky beyond the arc. I'm surprised Jokic hasn't been more of a force in scoring. We're lucky he couldn't hit the three.

My best friend over here is a Nugget fan and he said they hired Malone as a consultant on their international team a few years back to try to help them make Jokic the dominant player in international play that he is with Denver. I don't think Malone is helping them in the Olympics. But if he is, it's not working.
Before this game, we handled them easily twice. I think playing them three times in three weeks worked against us. Jokic actually didn’t benefit from the rules in fiba imo. I am with you there. It also helps that we could run embid, Davis and Lebron at him all game. No way to prepare him for that during or after the season. Embid will still likely be there if healthy in four years. The others other than adebayo won’t be. Need some young bigs to step into the light for sure. Adebayo is good but he doesn’t have the size the others do imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT