ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP.. pretty cool from Bama’s JK Scott..

OP, I can appreciate that this story affected you positively, but it involves both politics and religion. While I am certain there is a place for this to be discussed, i don’t think I am alone in asking politely if you would refrain from bringing either to the board.

OP, I can appreciate that this story affected you positively, but it involves both politics and religion. While I am certain there is a place for this to be discussed, i don’t think I am alone in asking politely if you would refrain from bringing either to the board.

People ask for prayer requests on here all the time...

You could always put me on “ignore” if you don’t like what I bring to the board.. that’s the beauty of that function.

It obviously hurt to lose to Bama in the title, but if it afforded a guy like JK Scott to speak real truth into our President, then it makes the outcome of that game a lot easier to swallow for me.

I don’t care where you come from religiously or politically you can’t deny that this young man is a positive influence on the world. His belief and faith are amazing.

You could always put me on “ignore” if you don’t like what I bring to the board.. that’s the beauty of that function.

Of course I could hit the ignore button, but quite frankly, I try to avoid using it. I find most people’s opinions interesting. Further, I don’t the ignore function is designed for such.

I can appreciate that Scott’s faith might be inspirational to many on this Board, but the mods have a chat Board where the post would fit more appropriately.

Put differently, why is it my responsibility to filter out religious and political content on a message board where the primary discussIon topic is college football and perhaps the media coverage of such and about the only acceptable tangents are food/drink, travel, and tv/movies?

Is it that much of an ask to refrain from posting this on the Vent?

Last edited:
Of course I could hit the ignore button, but quite frankly, I try to avoid using it. I find most people’s opinions interesting. Further, I don’t the ignore function is designed for such.

I can appreciate that Scott’s faith might be inspirational to many on this Board, but the mods have a chat Board where the post would fit more appropriately.

Put differently, why is it my responsibility to filter out religious and political content on a message board where the primary discussIon topic is college football and perhaps the media coverage of such and about the only acceptable tangents are food/drink, travel, and tv/movies?

Is it that much of an ask to refrain from posting this on the Vent?

The direction this country has been headed for a while now. 100 people like something but it cant be enjoyed because 1 person doesnt like it. It’s the offseason and a positive post. Is it really bothering you that much?

It obviously hurt to lose to Bama in the title, but if it afforded a guy like JK Scott to speak real truth into our President, then it makes the outcome of that game a lot easier to swallow for me.
Sir,
Thanks for posting this. I don't care what these liberals say, this is amazing and I am very proud of this young man.

The direction this country has been headed for a while now. 100 people like something but it cant be enjoyed because 1 person doesnt like it. It’s the offseason and a positive post. Is it really bothering you that much?
That’s not his point. The point is there are actual rules about the Vent, and “no politics” is one of them. Take it to the chat if you want to talk about this

They are both monotheistic. So yes, they are quite similar.

Haha. True enough, but they are quite dissimilar. I am not trying to start more of a discussion on this, but I can’t help but respond that Christianity and Islam are very much different.
So are Catholics and Methodists. But I’ve now violated the vent commandments so will end it there :cool:

Again, the direction of the country and your views on such are not the subject of this community.
The irony is how similar your vent names are to each other ;)

This post belongs on the Chat, and I (as someone who often posts political views on the Chat, and much to others chagrin by the way) invite the OP to post similar thoughts on the Chat, and leave the Vent to the important stuff, college football and bashing our rivals.

That’s not his point. The point is there are actual rules about the Vent, and “no politics” is one of them. Take it to the chat if you want to talk about this
Do you cry foul at all the ND posts or just the religious ones? Also to answer your question, as long as it's not a Muslim extremist, then post away.

So is a lot of the other content posted from time to time. Sorry the post offends you

I think if @GermantownDawg would simply edit his post to include some references to southern BBQ joints and best go-to snack crackers, there might be enough redeeming topics in the post to satisfy most everyone's tastes. We could call it pork barrel posting.

I don’t know why this so hard for those who like the original post to comprehend. Scott talks about his faith for 5 minutes. If that isn’t a post about religion (mixed with a touch of politics), I don’t know what is. The rules are clear. If someone got on the Vent and made fun of Scott for his beliefs, would it be an equally acceptable discussion topic to those of you who liked it?

This is PRECISELY why the community does better without these posts. If you want to hear someone talk about their religion, go to church. Those of us that want to talk about UGA football visit the Dawgvent. Is it that hard to understand?

No one here is diminishing or criticizing anyone’s faith. Some of us have simply asked that people refrain from making it a part of this community. Is that too much to ask?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT