ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Smart or not? Biden digging up Obama Care

MonolithicDawgX

Three-Peat Enthusiast
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
During some of the fooseball I watched today, there was an ad by ditzy Joe about how Healthcare for All is so impotent to him. Mentioned Obama Care by name.

I dont think even Dems think Obama Care worked or could ever work.

What he did say is that Trump 'killed' it during the pandemic, an obvious lie, but what he should say is Trump turned it off, but didn't fix shit, and that is from someone who had surgery, post surgery complications, and lost my job, so way too much out of pocket/etc. It is still broken and Trump did say he would fix it.

Reactions: Clay17
Trump has had his hands full dealing with BS. Plus, the House will never do anything that conceivably would be considered a win for him as long as Pelosi is in charge. He can’t fix healthcare by EO.

tenor.gif
During some of the fooseball I watched today, there was an ad by ditzy Joe about how Healthcare for All is so impotent to him. Mentioned Obama Care by name.

I dont think even Dems think Obama Care worked or could ever work.

What he did say is that Trump 'killed' it during the pandemic, an obvious lie, but what he should say is Trump turned it off, but didn't fix shit, and that is from someone who had surgery, post surgery complications, and lost my job, so way too much out of pocket/etc. It is still broken and Trump did say he would fix it.

It's tough for Trump to fix the health insurance debacle when he has to fight his own party. Esp members that campaigned on repeal and replace.

The Republicans had their chances to kill Obamacare. All we’d heard for years was that they had like 9 different plans they could pass tomorrow if they could only get the chance. Trump got elected, and it seems those plans never existed. Then John McCain got off his deathbed to give the literal thumbs down. Then John Roberts gave a tortured opinion of Obamacare without killing it.
The Republicans had their chance. Not getting a handle on healthcare is hurting them, but they just keep shitting the bed.
Oh, yeah, I can keep my doctor. I guess that’s why I had 3 different GPs in 3 years.

Obamacare is an unfettered disaster. It is has taken healthcare away from small business owners (healthcare premiums are ridiculously high), and given it to high risk individuals that run up the overall costs. It only helps people with underlying conditions, which is great but it cost money. If you have a preexisting condition, I suggest seeking a job with a large company that can get a group plan/or self-funded ERISA.

There is a huge misconception that it helps poor Americans. This is blatantly not true. I keep hearing about 30 million Americans who have healthcare under Obamacare. There is barely any mention of the cost of this. I can assure you that it is not helping poor Americans. Some of my poorer clients would qualify for Obamacare but don't have it. The reason being that the co-pays/deductibles are still too high for them, so the poor don't use it. The second reason is it is hard to find doctors that will accept the bad plans. They continue to use the ERs just like before. Plus, if you are going to institute private health insurance for all, why is Medicare/Medicaid still present?

The disconnect between what is actually happening with Obamacare and the idea that the Media and some members of our public believe it it is good thing is flat out laughable. This is a false narrative much like BLM. I say this with the understanding that our healthcare system cost are out of control and needs to be addressed. I believe there is a solution but Obamacare isn't it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT