ADVERTISEMENT

So does Lake have any chance @ AZ senate - @zonadawg

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
I’m very skeptical, if she couldn’t win the governor what makes her think she can win a senate seat. Moreover, not sure what to make of the folks back east not wanting her to run, I tend to think her electability VS controllability was the reason for the offer….

I’m very skeptical, if she couldn’t win the governor what makes her think she can win a senate seat. Moreover, not sure what to make of the folks back east not wanting her to run, I tend to think her electability VS controllability was the reason for the offer….
Zona is incredibly knowledgeable about his own state’s election and other states’. I am not, but hope the difference this time will be heightened focus on the election process.

Arizona always behaves strangely but this is more so than usual. We aren't really even sure who is running, yet.

Kyrsten Sinema is the incumbent, who left the Democrats during her term and remains Independent. We don't know if she's running for re-election or not. She still has to qualify for the ballot as an independent, but that wouldn't be too hard for a sitting Senator.

Ruben Gallego is the Democrat. He is running unopposed for the nomination. His campaign gets a lot more complicated if Sinema is on the ballot for the general election.

Kari Lake is running against Mark Lamb, sheriff of Pinal County, for the Republican nomination. Either one of them is talented. Lake has a bigger national presence and is favored.

The state Republican party is a cluster. Fighting continues on the (R) side between the McCain faction (old guard), which is obviously persuasive here, and the populists. But the McCain crowd really doesn't have a candidate. I think they see Lamb as the more palatable choice, but really not to their liking.

Elections in our state have been a mess for many, many years, so there's the other destabilizing element.

You really are kinda lazy. McCain was the deciding vote that could (and should) have repealed Obamacare.
How exactly was McCains’s refusal to support the repeal of Obamacare self-serving? The vote hurt him politically was a few weeks after he was diagnosed with brain cancer, so I suspect he was more inclined to vote his conscious than at any other time in his career.

How exactly was McCains’s refusal to support the repeal of Obamacare self-serving? The vote hurt him politically was a few weeks after he was diagnosed with brain cancer, so I suspect he was more inclined to vote his conscious than at any other time in his career.
I’m fairly neutral on McCaine, clearly a war hero but certainly at the end he appeared very vindictive. No argument why as Trump went over the top in criticism of McCain but I’m under the impression he was getting his pound of flesh against Trump VS voting his conscious.

Because for McCain it was his ability to stick it to those in the GOP who he blames caused him to lose to Obama. He claimed Palin was foisted upon him by the powers that be.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT