ADVERTISEMENT

So now a shelter in place order for part of Arizona due to a tractor trailer tipped over with hazardous chemicals

orangeisgay

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2004
this after Ohio and 2 other train de-railments in sc and Texas. This is deep state terrorism.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
this after Ohio and 2 other train de-railments in sc and Texas. This is deep state terrorism.
This rollover happened South of Tucson in an area of open desert. Not a lot of houses or buildings close by, thankfully. We get a lot of wind gusts out there, 35-55mph today. Of course, I don't know if that was the cause of this.

Reactions: orangeisgay
This rollover happened South of Tucson in an area of open desert. Not a lot of houses or buildings close by, thankfully. We get a lot of wind gusts out there, 35-55mph today. Of course, I don't know if that was the cause of this.

Nitic acid is some pretty nasty stuff but it's not near the threat of the train derailment in Ohio. First, these acid hauling tanks are designed to withstand rollover crashes with minimal loss of product so it's probably not a total dump of product and even if the tank split in half and lost 4K gallons, the vapor is heavier than air and cleaning up would be time consuming and expensive but pretty straight forward.

The company I worked for before starting my chemical transport company hauled a lot of Nitric from Arky to North GA and we lost a load after a repair facility installed a brass valve instead of replacing it with stainless steel. It was a pretty bad day (esp for the tank repair facility) but nobody was injured and they did evacuate the area for about 1/2 a square mile. Iows, if not for the train derailment, I doubt this would be national news.

Reactions: Zonadog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT