ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg So Wendys going with digital drive thru...so less people.....but also looking into "peak" pricing?

Well, that will make it easy for me. I simply won’t eat there. There is no surge - you know you are serving more at lunchtime.

And there is surge pricing on the rideshare companies because they have a fixed number of rides they can give at any point in time, there is no such constraint for a Wendy’s fast food restaurant. They know they’ll be selling more around lunchtime, so they simply make more burgers and buy more supplies.

This is a very high risk move that could alienate a lot of customers.

If I were Burger King, I would come out immediately and say that our price is always the same price.

Last edited:
Well, that will make it easy for me. I simply won’t eat there. There is no surge - you know you are serving more at lunchtime.

And they were surge pricing on the rideshare companies because they have a fixed number of rides they can give at any point in time, there is no such constraint for a Wendy’s fast food restaurant. They know they’ll be selling more around lunchtime, so they simply make more burgers and buy more supplies.

This is a very high risk move that could alienate a lot of customers.

If I were Burger King, I would come out immediately and say that our price is always the same price.
Some places a McD big mac meal is now $16-$17 dollars.......McD is crap. Even to feed 4 at Chik fila is almost $40.

The other day I took a load to the landfill and my son came home from college to give me a hand…afterwards we stopped by Taco Bell and ordered 2 combo meals…nothing extra…was $24…I use to feed him there after practice when he was little for $5. The sad part is it’s not going to get any better.

Some places a McD big mac meal is now $16-$17 dollars.......McD is crap. Even to feed 4 at Chik fila is almost $40.
Holy crap. Where is this? I just went online and checked, a Big Mac Meal is $8.49 at my local Micky D's.

The other day I took a load to the landfill and my son came home from college to give me a hand…afterwards we stopped by Taco Bell and ordered 2 combo meals…nothing extra…was $24…I use to feed him there after practice when he was little for $5. The sad part is it’s not going to get any better.
I took my son to Firehouse....2 meals was $28....i was pissed. So now I do pub subs to go and have chips and drinks at home.

A steak burrito at Barberitos these days with a drink is like $18. It's insane.

Holy crap. Where is this? I just went online and checked, a Big Mac Meal is $8.49 at my local Micky D's.
Probably in California.....I read somewhere that fast food employees there can make up to $20/hr.
Hell, the McD's up here in Ohio are posting jobs for $16.50/hr.

Yeah food went up during Covid and has never come back down.

Taking my family of four to Chik fil a is $60. For freaking fast food!

So… we simply don’t eat out much anymore. Luckily, my wife cooks dinner every night (except weekends when I treat her to dinner out/ delivery) so it’s easy to cut out.

Food is out of control.

There was just an article in the Wall Street Journal last week that Americans are now spending a higher percentage of their income on food than they have since 1982.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athens is Heaven

So… we simply don’t eat out much anymore. Luckily, my wife cooks dinner every night (except weekends when I treat her to dinner out/ delivery) so it’s easy to cut out.

Good is out of control.

There was just an article in the Wall Street Journal last week that Americans are now spending a higher percentage of their income on food than they have since 1982.
What in the hell do you guys order? My family of 4 eats at Chick Fil A for around $35 or so.

What in the hell do you guys order? My family of 4 eats at Chick Fil A for around $35 or so.
Four combo meals plus I’ll add on an extra sandwich or two, usually two ice creams for the kids.

Absolutely minimum $45.

So we simply don’t go and then we talk with our kids about why we dont go. I’ve got the money - I simply refuse to spend that. Also exemplifies spending restraint.

Hope lots of people order at the drive thru and then drive off once they are told the prices.

Reactions: Georgia Jim
This will be the death of Wendy’s. They will get everyone the first time, as you are out of the car or in the drive thru and will just pay it. The next time you are doing fast food though, you will remember the $14 or whatever burger, and just never go back.

And that ain't all. The Jim n Nick's in Rome wants to charge its customers a "convenience fee"--I think that's what they called it. When I asked what the fee was for, they said it was for using their app. Except I hadn't even used their app, I'd just stopped in for an overpriced pound of barbecue on my way home. They finally agreed to take the fee off my bill, when I started to walk out.

If everybody did that, the savings would be millions. Millions, I tell you.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

Food is out of control.

yeah covid killed the restaurant industry. Now when we are going to meet people at a restaurant u just never know. We took the mother n law to "brunch" one sat AM about 10 and before covid it would be slammed and u'd have to wait for a crappy 2 top squeezing in by the restrooms. Now u have to wait because they only have to 2 waiters and the kitchen is short staffed and tables are half full.....

Yeah, my family drinks water. We never order combos.

*Edit- I just went and built our normal meal and it came out to $32.04.
I'm one of 5 kids, 4 boys. Still remember that my dad would never let us put cheese on those $0.29 hamburger specials in the 90's at McDonald's. It was $0.39 for a cheeseburger and we had to put cheese on them when we got home if we wanted it. He refused to pay more if cheese was an extra cost...and we damned sure were not getting combo meals or drinks with those orders. Went through a lot of two liters back in those days.

Reactions: rednblack4life
I'm one of 5 kids, 4 boys. Still remember that my dad would never let us put cheese on those $0.29 hamburger specials in the 90's at McDonald's. It was $0.39 for a cheeseburger and we had to put cheese on them when we got home if we wanted it. He refused to pay more if cheese was an extra cost...and we damned sure were not getting combo meals or drinks with those orders. Went through a lot of two liters back in those days.
growing up 1 we never ate out but when we did no we werent allowed to order drinks because whatever it was we had that at home.....which we didnt because we never had cokes or other sodas.....milk, maybe OJ, dad always had his grapefruit juice which we hated.....and water.

I recall reading an article on this a few years back, ultimately it will be something experimented with by grocery stores as well. That was the gist of the piece I read anyways. Believe its called "dynamic pricing".

I wouldn’t be surprised if surge doesn’t end up applying more to late night. I don’t go often but wait times at drive throughs after 10:30 are way worse than they used to be. People think lunch but they have plenty of staffing for that.

Costs me more than forty for four combos. No add ons. The only place left that you can eat for four regularly under 40 dollars is cookout. If getting combos.

All this food mentioned is shit, pure shit. Biden’s inflation made them much more expensive, along with everything else, but it’s not worth the pre-bidenomics price, just to die early

• Haha
Reactions: nice marmot
A steak burrito at Barberitos these days with a drink is like $18. It's insane.
Absolutely ridiculous. I went there about a week ago. I paid $17 for two tacos and a drink. I'm still pissed. I won't be going back.

Absolutely ridiculous. I went there about a week ago. I paid $17 for two tacos and a drink. I'm still pissed. I won't be going back.
I went to Eddie's Calzones last night downtown. One standard peperoni calzone with a drink was $19. The amount of food I got was equivalent to 2 hot pockets. Then of course there's the tip line. I left $2 because that's just what you're supposed to do these days but wtf.

Just grabbed lunch at Bruxie downtown. A mediocre chicken sandwich with fries and a drink was $19.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT