Some more Tiger tears....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
"It's not us, it's them" Clem:
In my opinion..

- A 12 team CFP is unnecessary
- There are at most 3-4 teams in the NCAA that would have a chance at beating UGA.
- The gap between the top 4-5 teams and the rest of the top 25 is vast..
- We’re probably a top 10-15 team and could very well win out….ESPN fpi is probably right 80% +probability of us losing to UGA if we played 10 times…
- NIL + finances and willingness to buy HS kids and portal players + ability and history of winning championships are all needed to be a top 4-5 program… very few teams check all those boxes..
- The teams that do have more depth of talent and experience than anyone else..
- We can complain about play calling or whatever else ..but football isn’t rocket science …the first half was fairly even but eventually we were overwhelmed by the depth of talent and experience and UGA.. no amount of sophisticated play calling will overcome that…

That’s it ..that’s where college football stands..
Clemson and whole host of other teams will never win a national championship again … unless something systematically changes…

We can and may win out this season..but it won’t matter ….we’d just be playing for a good showing in the CFP…

NIL and the transfer portal have created a certain level of parity…among all but the top 4-5 teams …Those teams are now at a whole different level..

"Since they're letting UGA legally do what we did illegally under Danny Ford, we can't beat UGA any more" Clem:
Today wasn’t about anything other than a college team facing a semi-professional team….and I’m not implying UGA is cheating..it’s all within the rules now …

Every one whining about specifics of play calling today or anything else is missing the point…

UGA is a monster at this point …they have the money and the willingness to spend it ….and the history to gain the attention of any player they want…

"It's Garrett RIley" Clem: Garrett Riley doesn't know what he is doing....I can't believe that it's not evident that the man doesn't know how to call plays or adjust

"It's Dabo" Clem: Dabo told Garrett that he has to use our outdated playbook. And to run bubble screens and pass behind the line of scrimmage even if it's 3rd and long.

"It's Klubnik" Clem: Garrett Riley doesn’t have a good QB. How many bonehead plays do you guys have to see Cade make before you reach that conclusion? He looked like garbage in the spring game and you guys were expecting something different against UGA?

Mrs. Clem Swinney:

Give Dabo the benefit of the doubt because he has been very successful in his role in the past.

Cade has never really delivered. Maybe he’s had couple games where he was little better then average.

I don’t know if Garrett Riley has ever shown Clemson that he is better than average.

"We gotta stop getting those bottom feeder 5 star QBs and get back to getting the top tier 5 star QBs" Clem:
Sit Dabo down and say. Ok man, time to change with the times.

Today's loss just proved we aren't a national power anymore. We still can win some games and maybe win ACC.

MOST programs would be happy to win 8/9 games, compete for division title and maybe a spot in CFP, but we got a taste of the good stuff and want more.

I hate to bring DJ up but be really set us back, we thought we were set for 3-4 years with a 5 star guy and we didn't really recruit another QB hard, so we ended up with Cade. I think he was a 5 star guy but not a top tier 5 star.

We've struggled horribly at QB and it starts with that position.

My point is.... At some point, the money guys are gonna sit Dabo down and tell him things gotta change.

"There were no good answers on the QB recruiting test" Clem: Our first priority was Ty Simpson and when he chose Alabama we settled for Cade.

"We're in the very early stages of realizing our coach is not on Kirby's level" Clem - THIS TRAIN WRECK WILL GO ON FOR MANY MORE YEARS.

"You were right, Pawl. Georgia ain't played nobody." Clem: Look forward to Finebaum continue to call us yesterdays news.

"I say, I say Dabo's about as sharp as a pound of wet liver” Clem: He is going to crow and chortle like Foghorn Leghorn. I am afraid to watch. My tv cost too much.

"I say, I say this Clem will never win a game of marbles, cause he's lost all of his" -
I want us to feel his love all over. I want us to be one with him. Oohh Paul - you are THE dream for so many on TigerNet. We seek out your approval. We want you to lay your firm approval against us.

One day you will see. You’ll be sorry. You will want our love. until then we will collectively cry and cry but try and try as well to be worthy of your love.

"After the coin toss I knew it was over" Clem: DEFER the ball! Why not set the tone early? Let them punt to us and go down for TD. Plus tigers always get out performed by other teams punter. Our guy punts 35 yarders. Their guy kicks 55-60 yarders. Dabo fire yourself.

"Even a Pollock. can tell our QB sucks" Clem:
When attending Savannah QB Club Super Bowl (End of Year) Party in Jan 2023, I was able to speak to David Pollock before dinner for a few minutes who was the featured guest speaker that night and a good sport.

I told him I was the only Clemson Tiger in the club (largely UGA, SEC, Ga Tech and Ga Southern fans), and I appreciated his usually fair reporting on the Tigers. He said he had always liked Clemson, but Cade Klubnik was not the answer -- just did not have the skill sets to take Clemson anywhere.

Thought Pollock was plain wrong at the time.

Ghost Clem: My first cousin's son play for Georgia. He said the difference in the game was their blocking scheme adjustments at halftime.

"Even Sunbelt and Florida" Clem: Hate to say it, but switching from game to game and every offense looks better than we did today. Even the teams that are losing. Hoping that is due to Georgia and we see different next week.

Unimpressed Clem:
Georgia is not as good as what some are making them out to be after today. That’s what you’re telling yourself to make you feel better.

That was NOT the #1 team in America. They should have beaten us 63-0. Georgia will lose at least 2 this year if not 3 times. Mark this post and we’ll return later on.

The Georgia today is not the juggernaut they were last time we played them. Not even close. That 2021 Georgia team would kill this one.

"We only lost by 31 and got more than doubled in total yards" Clem: I can't wait until Georgia plays a well coached team. I don't think they are what people seem to hope they are for our sake. I didn't see any dominant players like they had on the team when we last played them. I asked this before: would you take Beck over Watson or Lawrence? I definitely wouldn't! And he's supposed to be there best player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.