ADVERTISEMENT

Some notes...

DawgfromKite

Diehard supporter
Jul 28, 2018
Ok, I am a bit gun shy to post, but here it goes. Haha

I spoke with my guy yesterday who will visit practice and gets inside notes. This is what we discussed last night. I am writing the post as how he told me. I hope it isn't too confusing.

QB: Stockton is doing all of the things you could expect. He is one of the lead recruiters for this class.

RB: He feels very confident about Robinson. Jordan James has shut down his recruitment and is a recruiter for this class. Those are more than likely your two backs for the class.

TE: Delp looks like he will be in this class, but this isn't a slam dunk. He wants to see how Beamer and South Carolina look. We need to embarrass them. Much like everybody else, this just kind of baffles me. I know he grew up a fan because of his mom, but geez.

WR: I know this is the position group people want to know about. There really isn't much to provide on this group. Andre Greene is probably a Clemson/Georgia battle right now. The same could be said for Antonio Williams, but add South Carolina too. The wagon could very well be circled back on M'bake. He said the staff offered a big kid from Florida that they could like as a bigger guy on the outside similar to Cager (Jayden Gibson). He said he wouldn't be shocked at all if Cole Speer is part of the class. It may be a PWO spot if he doesn't get more profiled offers, but the staff believes offers will come this fall. Morrissette, just like Stockton, is trying to put in his best effort.

OL: He feels pretty confident with Booker. He said Nicholls is a battle with Ohio State. He said the staff is intrigued with Jacob Hood, but wants to see how he progresses this season. They are keeping tabs on the big kid from California also (Earnest Greene).

DL: I have had this hot take for a bit that Georgia lands either Nolen or Shaw, and he agrees. He said Georgia has evened things up with UNC for Shaw. This just recently happened. Tyre West seems solid, but FSU is making a play here. Bear realized he didn't want to be too far from home. He told me that is what ultimately was the major factor. As it has been discussed, his home life isn't great. He probably has friends and people close to him. Shemar Stewart is probably leaning Miami. The staff is doing all they can, but this could be like James Williams. He said watch for the massive dude that is on Branson's team (Zxavian Harris). Could be like a Jacob Hood situation. Just thinking, could you imagine a 6'2 220 pound kid going up against a duo of these two, wow. Anyways...

LB: The law office of Walker and Washington look to be a strong duo in the middle. He also believes (as I do and I am sure many others) that at least one of DDS or White ends up in the class. He said the defensive staff really likes Madden and his bend off the edge. Darris Smith is working on the academic side, and seems to be fine there. The staff is also excited about his future. It's hard not to think about Zo Carter or Floyd when you see Smith in person.

DB: MGK, Starks, and Thomas are solid. He thinks Bouie gets back in the fold. Nick Williams and his mom went to school together and Bouie wanted to take visits. On the flip side of Shaw, it sounds like we are now neck and neck (and neck) with Florida and LSU for Kamari Wilson. He still feels like he is in the class, but this isn't as clear cut as a month ago. Here is that name again, but I really hope this isn't like James Williams last year. They are still in contact with guys like Everette and Singletary, obviously.

Just please remember, this was from last night (7-7). Things could have already changed. Hope you enjoyed. If any of the usual suspects want to get in here to provide anything else, feel free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News