ADVERTISEMENT

Some observations about the upcoming season....

elevator

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
I spent an hour or so watching clips and reading reports about our incoming frosh the other .
day. From what I could see and surmise all of our new guys should get meaningful minutes on the floor. No doubt all have parts of their games, along with physical aspects for a couple, that need to be addressed, but it appears they all have enough talent and skills now to contribute. Of course, much depends on how much they progress this summer and early on in the season, but, imo, the larger factor is CMF's approach. We all know his tendency in the past to limit frosh to one position and in many cases to have a quick hook. There are signs that he has eased off those tendencies and hopefully he will continue in that vein.

Many here, and elsewhere, believe his offense is one of the more difficult to learn. I'll leave the intricacies of our system to Ga. Card and others to elucidate upon, but I believe that if we can simplify what we are doing it will benefit us with this incoming class, especially since all of them can and should play more than one position. I also believe, with the guys we have returning and the apparent ability of the new guys to play in the open court, that we should utilize an up-tempo, breaking style as much as possible this season. That style will test CMF's willingness to let guys learn on the run so to speak, but will pay big dividends imo.

I believe we will be able to rebound well enough to facilitate breaking opportunities and hopefully with the shortened shotclock our offense will evolve into one that can allow us more efficient and timely ignition.

HK and Geno will give us experience that will be useful, but if they are playing significantly more minutes than the incoming guys, either I have the wrong impressions, or CMF will not have changed his approach to accomodate his resources at hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News