ADVERTISEMENT

Some quotes about the weekend.....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Saturday Down South:

"To think about where these programs have gone since that 2020 game....it looks like Dan Mullen is getting up to Kirby's level and he's got the talent and scheme and it's gonna be this great back and forth rivalry--uh,uh--still not there."

"I kept thinking about how stark it is to see the difference of where these programs are at."

"There are certain teams who can say 'next man up'...but Georgia's next man up is just different."

"When he (Delp) makes catches like that, that has to be so demoralizing for a defense."

"Georgia's best is still as good as anybody in college football with or without Brock Bowers"

"And until we see different, I would argue it's better. Every time an opposing team thinks 'This is our moment', Kirby does a great job of getting his team to say 'No. Not even close, brother. I'm gonna punch you so hard in the face you're never gonna want to look up at me and think you are at my level again."

It's an incredibly hard thing to do to take another team's soul. To say "Look, you think you have life. I'm gonna show you what this really is."

"We're now at a place with this program where it feels like it's gonna take some kind of all world one on one performance to beat this team. And it will be the kind of performance we'll be talking about years from now."

"The only team to beat Georgia in the last 42 games was the Heisman trophy winner playing the best game of his career."

"They show that Austin Barber quote. When they are showing that in a game where Florida doesn't look like they are playing in the same conference as Georgia, that's tough."

Matt Hayes: "That game showed just how completely flipped the rivalry went from what Spurrier was doing in the nineties to the 2000s with Meyer to now with Kirby. Georgia used to be the team that would panic in the first quarter. Remember the onside kick from Mark Richt? Just the crazy things that Georgia would do. And now Florida is running a fourth down play where they need half a yard and they're snapping the ball between the QB's legs to the tailback."

Jesse Simonton: After the fourth down stop, Florida's next 16 plays netted -24 yards.

Cole Cubelic: "I was blown away with the guys that just kept showing up for this Georgia defense. Walker, 11, off the edge. Miller denting the pocket inside. Ingram-Dawkins making plays. 29 Gabe Harris coming off the edge. 35 Damon Wilson's coming off the edge. Javon Bullard had a great game. I don't think any of those guys compared to Tykee Smith in this game. The box score was good and it doesn't tell you how great of a game he had. He was one on one in coverage, he was coming up to support the run. I think there were several plays where he was actually setting the edge for the defense. There's one time he sets the edge and pushes the TE into the back and makes the TE make the tackle. He's having a helluva year and just had his best game in a Georgia uniform."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News