ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody who's good with internet tools

Zonadog

War Daddy
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Needs to get on over to Al Gore's place, because I have a feeling that sucker's about to get broke, real bad.

And somehow this is supposed to be some treasonous, evil act of journalism and Putin puppetry, when it was okay numerous other times in the past 10 years.

What do you think?

Needs to get on over to Al Gore's place, because I have a feeling that sucker's about to get broke, real bad.

And somehow this is supposed to be some treasonous, evil act of journalism and Putin puppetry, when it was okay numerous other times in the past 10 years.

What do you think?

I have no issues with the interview, will be interesting the questions he ask. Certainly not a Putin fan but will be interesting his responses.

What do you think?

I think Tucker's explanation for why he is doing the interview tells us exactly what we can expect from the interview itself.

Putin will explain why he was justified in invading Ukraine, that the accusations or war crimes are all false and in fact Ukraine is the one guilty of war crimes, why western sanctions are unfair and self-destructive for the West, how allowing Finland and Sweden to join NATO is an unacceptable provocation for Russia, and more straight up unchallenged Putin propaganda.

We will also get some discussion about the moral degradation of the West and why Putin and Russia are the champions of traditional western values. I know this because Tucker has parroted these lines before.

We won't hear about targeted assassinations and jailings of opposition and media figures, we won't hear about how awful the Russian economy is, we won't hear about actual losses in the war, and we certainly won't hear any honest thought about the current strategic position of Russia in Ukraine and how precarious it is or isn't. We also won't hear about internal Russian opposition to the war.

EDIT: Forgot to add, there will be one or two moments of conflict where Tucker gets to pretend he is asking hard hitting questions, but it will all be scripted and will result in zero new insights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zonadog
I think Tucker's explanation for why he is doing the interview tells us exactly what we can expect from the interview itself.

Putin will explain why he was justified in invading Ukraine, that the accusations or war crimes are all false and in fact Ukraine is the one guilty of war crimes, why western sanctions are unfair and self-destructive for the West, how allowing Finland and Sweden to join NATO is an unacceptable provocation for Russia, and more straight up unchallenged Putin propaganda.

We will also get some discussion about the moral degradation of the West and why Putin and Russia are the champions of traditional western values. I know this because Tucker has parroted these lines before.

We won't hear about targeted assassinations and jailings of opposition and media figures, we won't hear about how awful the Russian economy is, we won't hear about actual losses in the war, and we certainly won't hear any honest thought about the current strategic position of Russia in Ukraine and how precarious it is or isn't. We also won't hear about internal Russian opposition to the war.

EDIT: Forgot to add, there will be one or two moments of conflict where Tucker gets to pretend he is asking hard hitting questions, but it will all be scripted and will result in zero new insights.
Well I certainly hope it will be as hard hitting as this live bee jay from the "journalist" known as Erin Burnett. This is absolutely pathetic.

You are following the narrative that the interview will be sympathetic to Moscow.

What do you think of the flak he is taking just for interviewing Putin? Guy Verhofstadt, former Belgian prime minister and current member of the European Parliament, called for the European Union to explore imposing a “travel ban” on Carlson. Adam Kinzinger said "He is a traitor." An attorney suggested that Carlson could face prosecution from FBI, CIA or Homeland Security, either as a violation of the Espionage Act or unrelated retaliatory prosecution.

On the other hand, some have pointed out that Western interviews with Zelensky have not been exactly "hard hitting," as noted in this thread.

Would the answer be different if CNN got the interview? They say they have made repeated requests. CNN also conducted high profile interviews with Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein at the peak of their notoriety.

You are following the narrative that the interview will be sympathetic to Moscow.

What do you think of the flak he is taking just for interviewing Putin? Guy Verhofstadt, former Belgian prime minister and current member of the European Parliament, called for the European Union to explore imposing a “travel ban” on Carlson. Adam Kinzinger said "He is a traitor." An attorney suggested that Carlson could face prosecution from FBI, CIA or Homeland Security, either as a violation of the Espionage Act or unrelated retaliatory prosecution.

On the other hand, some have pointed out that Western interviews with Zelensky have not been exactly "hard hitting," as noted in this thread.

Would the answer be different if CNN got the interview? They say they have made repeated requests. CNN also conducted high profile interviews with Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein at the peak of their notoriety.
I think Tucker has been unusually sympathetic to Russia since before the invasion and, again, the video you shared says a lot about how the interview will likely go down.

I made my prediction, but perhaps Tucker will surprise people with the result.

Tucker should ask him about Biden's tough sanctions.

Russia's economy is going strong despite sanctions from the U.S. and its allies​

iu

I think Tucker has been unusually sympathetic to Russia since before the invasion and, again, the video you shared says a lot about how the interview will likely go down.

I made my prediction, but perhaps Tucker will surprise people with the result.
Be prepared. I think regardless of how it goes, some will characterize the interview as a Putin puff piece and others will hail it as groundbreaking journalism. That's why I think it important to listen and watch for ourselves before considering these agenda-based opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT