ADVERTISEMENT

sonny's in athens

LumpLump

Letterman and National Champion
May 2, 2006
somebody said a few weeks ago it was closed. I happen to remember to look today, its open.

Sure some will be happy . : )

somebody said a few weeks ago it was closed. I happen to remember to look today, its open.

Sure some will be happy . : )

Meant that,tell you the kid ended up getting a townhouse over on Whitehall not far from the Kroger and publix at Gaines school and Barnett Shoals. Kind of off the beaten path but got a good deal overall and its brand new construction. Moving him in August 8th, then I will be downtown to creep out the college girls.

Lol! Glad you found somewhere. Have they started the work on Whitehall? Supposed into be shutdown for 4 or 5 mos. While they widen &also straighten out that hill & curve near the river. Will b Shutdown from Oconee CTY to almost college station.

Lol! Glad you found somewhere. Have they started the work on Whitehall? Supposed into be shutdown for 4 or 5 mos. While they widen &also straighten out that hill & curve near the river. Will b Shutdown from Oconee CTY to almost college station.
Closure started May 19 from the river (Oconee Line) to Milledge intersection. Supposed to be about 8 weeks

Closure started May 19 from the river (Oconee Line) to Milledge intersection. Supposed to be about 8 weeks
Well that's better than what I heard the other day from someone in oconee govt. I was already trying to figure yet another back way from stadium since were basically at reed. Thanks for the info.

Wha? How will people get anywhere then?

Wha? How will people get anywhere then?
Luck and a prayer I guess! : ) If it's only going to take 8 weeks, should be good. Will just be jammed at Milledge. I don't count any construction ever doing what they say though. : ) Especially with the rain we keep getting daily.

I never have been a big fan of Sonny's or any other bbq in Athens. There used to be a place called the bbq shack over on the East side but it was only open on Friday and Saturdays. Springhouse was decent. I liked Walter's BBQ when I first got there but it went downhill and eventually closed.

I never have been a big fan of Sonny's or any other bbq in Athens. There used to be a place called the bbq shack over on the East side but it was only open on Friday and Saturdays. Springhouse was decent. I liked Walter's BBQ when I first got there but it went downhill and eventually closed.

Striplings cooks good ribs and pork every Sat. But I have to admit, I know it goes against the chat world, but I love Sonny's chicken, bbq beans and slaw. Pork and ribs, not so much.

Striplings cooks good ribs and pork every Sat. But I have to admit, I know it goes against the chat world, but I love Sonny's chicken, bbq beans and slaw. Pork and ribs, not so much.
you are right about the beans, some of the best I have ever eaten out.

I love sonnys chicken....always have....there arent any good BBQ places in Athens but for pork or beef I would go someplace else or cook my own crock-butt.

Meant that,tell you the kid ended up getting a townhouse over on Whitehall not far from the Kroger and publix at Gaines school and Barnett Shoals. Kind of off the beaten path but got a good deal overall and its brand new construction. Moving him in August 8th, then I will be downtown to creep out the college girls.

I remember when I was at UGA, there was a hole-in-the-wall liquor store right near there that had no qualms about renting out kegs to kids with obviously fake IDs. That's my main memory of that area...well, that and a video store a couple of miles away that had about a million obscure, bizarre VHS tapes to rent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT