ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry if old news but have you heard whats going on with Last Resort?

What a badly written article ... student paper, I suppose. Someone had a word count they were trying to meet.

Also, what's with a class action for 6 people? That makes no sense. Who's the class? All wait staff that every worked there?

What a badly written article ... student paper, I suppose. Someone had a word count they were trying to meet.

Also, what's with a class action for 6 people? That makes no sense. Who's the class? All wait staff that every worked there?

Need working definitions for genus, phylum and class here, counselor.

Unreal how awful the owners and managers were.

I don't know the facts in this case, but I don't take statements in a newspaper article or the content of an employment related lawsuit as being fully correct at first review. Claims in this type of litigation are very commonly exaggerated. It may all be true. It may not. My statement would be "If the allegations are true, unreal how awful the owners and managers were".

I have no clue what to believe so maybe they have a case? However, people would just quit and find another job in the old days but some of our fine kids are now built to seek and destroy when things don’t go their way. We’ll see how much money both parties are willing to pay for so-called justice.

I have no clue what to believe so maybe they have a case? However, people would just quit and find another job in the old days but some of our fine kids are now built to seek and destroy when things don’t go their way. We’ll see how much money both parties are willing to pay for so-called justice.
Yeah, not to excuse the behavior that was described in any way, and maybe I missed something, but don't you just quit a wait staff job and get another. I went through jobs like that in high school, college, and law school all the time. My kids did too. I must be missing context.

I remember thinking it was good in college but coming back as a working adult it was very meh. The place that held up the best from how I remembered it in college was honestly little Italy

Weaver D’s is just as good now as it was then.

Fried pork chops, buttered potatoes, Mac & Cheese, greens, etc.

Chops & Gravy over rice, fried chicken, etc.

Dammit- now I’m hungry.

Honorable mention to Waffle House as well (even though the 5 points location is no longer).

Haven’t been to Barberitos, Cali n Tito’s or the counter at Add Drug lately, but I’m assuming they’re still holding up just fine as well.

I don't know the facts in this case, but I don't take statements in a newspaper article or the content of an employment related lawsuit as being fully correct at first review. Claims in this type of litigation are very commonly exaggerated. It may all be true. It may not. My statement would be "If the allegations are true, unreal how awful the owners and managers were".
Agree. Though asking restaurant employees to sign an NDA, if true, after working there for a few years ain’t a good fact.

Last Resort needs to clean up its act and stay around. It is a downtown staple and the mural on the side has been there at least 30 years. Hopefully they invest in better management or they’ll get run out of business. That’s a competitive market for its size.

Speaking of food, does the UGA MeatScience Department (or whatever it was called) still do the Friday meat sales?

I remember thinking it was good in college but coming back as a working adult it was very meh. The place that held up the best from how I remembered it in college was honestly little Italy

This is how I feel about it as well. It was a good place as a 21yr old in a college town. Once I actually got out into the broader world had had legit good food it was just meh

Reactions: donalsonville_dawg
Wife and I go periodically for the white chocolate cheesecake and a cup of coffee after dinner. Don’t see that changing
Me and my wife were just there. Im over the social distancing thing they are still doing but I like the food and ofcourse i got the rasberry slice of cake.

Reactions: Argondawg
Last Resort has good food, but for the prices and the headache that it is to get a table not worth it at all. 5 Bar is currently my favorite Athens restaurant. I like the jazzy, NOLA vibe and food is really good. Brunch is hard to beat.

Reactions: TimberRidgeDawg
Last Resort has good food, but for the prices and the headache that it is to get a table not worth it at all. 5 Bar is currently my favorite Athens restaurant. I like the jazzy, NOLA vibe and food is really good. Brunch is hard to beat.
Hard to have a conversation in that place when it’s full though

I do like these posts longing for good old days which, honestly, don’t sound very good. People shouldn’t get sexually harassed at work and, if they are, there should be a legal remedy. That shouldn’t be controversial

Yeah, that was awful editing.

still waiting to hear what that poster’s vendetta is against Hugh Acheson

Well we got a pretty full version of the plaintiff’s side of the argument. I’d be interested to hear what Last Resort has to say but I doubt their lawyers will let them say much

Reactions: TivoliDawg
Trappeze has been our go to lately.

Has always been my favorite spot, personally.

I like a bunch of Athens restaurants, but trapeze has consistently been the best in my opinion.

Then again, I'm really only judging by the quality of the food and service, not what the owners are doing or saying on Twitter or whatever else we're supposed to be paying attention to these days, so maybe I should look into it further to make sure they aren't cancelable too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT