ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke with Josh Brooks …

Red Pants

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2023
He’s very accessible for those with questions on anything UGA athletics related.

Here are some tidbits for those interested in my conversation with him:

He was at football practice when we spoke.

Josh told me we are doing everything Auburn is in golf, they just out recruited us. Our facilities are better than theirs. The Boyd Center is still very new and one of the best. Basically, Haack is a legend here and Josh appreciates everything he’s done for the golf program.

People saying we are cheap and don’t spend on golf are wrong.

The Rose is a full go, but may take time to relocate locker room from current location to there.

SEC Schedule is going to flip to different teams after 25, so only UF would remain from this year.

CCC is the only collective to donate to. So if you want to donate to our NIL, that is your only option.

Everything is geared towards football right now financially, because football generates everything. Baseball and basketball are also being invested in.

Said men’s soccer would be next on his list of varsity sports to add, but that is a long way off because of title ix. I mentioned lacrosse and ice hockey as well as soccer and he singled out soccer as being next.

Said this year’s football schedule was tough because we’ve been in the east and that is considered weaker, but that schedule would flip in 26 if the 8 game format continued. So we’d add okla, ark, lsu. sc, vandy, Mizzou, a&m for 26. Also said uf’s is tough too, and no one really has an easy one now.

Said if we did go to 9-game schedule, we’d probably get uf, aub, uk permanently. I said my vote would be to leave aub off and add SC. He said he can’t please everyone. 😄

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.