ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Streaming Issues (Quality) Yesterday, Questions For Those More Experienced At It...

HuntinDawg

All I Want To Do Is Eat
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2001
Coweta Co., GA
OK, so I streamed a little football last year with YTTV and ESPN+ when required. But I only got rid of traditional cable this summer when my cable company forced it.

I have been watching games this season primarily on YTTV. I also have Paramount+ (which was important yesterday) and other streaming capabilities like Roku and Disney+.

During the week the streaming with YTTV, Netflix, Paramount+, etc., is fine. Little to no buffering, etc. But every Saturday I have been having issues streaming CFB due to buffering and sometimes poor picture. You know how the picture will look really pixelated and then resolve? That sort of thing.

Yesterday during the 12:00 games this was again the case (Saturday problems with buffering, poor picture, etc.). Same thing when our game started. I had assumed it was a Saturday issue with everyone in our neighborhood streaming football (like our neighborhood was stressing the bandwidth of Spectrum internet in our neighborhood). Then I got desperate and tried something else. I turned on Roku and tried to get the game there. In order to watch our game on CBS, I had to prove that I had Paramount Plus, which I did. From that point on (probably in the 1st quarter) I had no more buffering issues at all. Not once. And the picture was better than any picture I have been getting at any point on YTTV. I like the functionality of YTTV (interface, options, whatever) but the picture with Roku/Paramont+ was light years better than YTTV and no buffering.

Has anyone else noticed that phenomenon? Any suggestions? It seems like maybe it wasn't so much of an internet speed/bandwidth issue as a YTTV vs. Roku issue.

Any further advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News