ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Sub sandwich build - You get any meats/veggies/condiments/bread... What do you build for yourself?

I quit reading at Jimmy John’s.
Marinated steak and cheese all the way heated from Steverino ‘s.

...with extra sauce.
Used to get one before every home basketball game and would eat it courtside watching warmups before bringing Hairy to life. Became such a tradition that those hippies would have one waiting for me when I walked in. Damn I miss Steverino’s.

Reactions: halfmoonriverdawg
Cleveland Kraut products are legit....

More and more, my lunches during the pandemic have simply become delivery mechanisms for the different varieties of Cleveland Kraut.

Anything from All’antico Vinaio in Florence
5cef9d38594ea55308278cf3

18ec8c302allantico-12-jpg.2e16d0ba.fill-661x496.jpg

AAV4.jpg
Best sandwich I have ever had was in Sorrento Italy. Onion jam, roast pork, spicy Nduja, provolone and prosciutto on a crispy italian flat bread.

Reactions: Boom MFer Dawg
All I am going to say is @MonolithicDawgX has phenomenal taste in sandwich’s. Makes me want an ultimate from Publix on boars head right now. You almost described my exact sandwich from Publix

Reactions: MonolithicDawgX
I just ordered Jimmy Johns as it is usually the fastest to my house and a good sandwich, but not my favorite or anything, but got to thinking, what do people like to build on their sammy?

Me:
1. Meats, Ham, RB & Turkey on the sandwich, together...never a fan of the salted meats.
2. Veggies - Spinach over lettuce (romaine is ok, but iceburg sux)
Tomato
Onion
cucumber
(sometimes pickles)
3. Condiments: Cajun mayo or spicy remoulade-type spread
Oregano
(sometimes oil & vinegar, but usually only if consumed on site, as it makes the bread too soggy if delivery or to go)
salt n pepa
4. Cheese: If I'm wanting it spicy, pepper jack, but already have the spicy sauce, so I'll go with what I want that day...I like:
Muenster
Swiss
Good ol' American
gouda
5. Bread - A good pumpernickel is great for sandwiches, but it is hard to get at a sandwich store, so:
Basic wheat - I don't need the fancy 28-grain nut berry wheat crap some people try to do...just give me wheat bread
Basic white sub roll, although if you are in Atlanta and are going to make your own, it is worth the $3 for the 3 rolls from Lee's Bakery on Buford Hwy.

Whatcha got?
Tomato-Sandwich-7.jpg

With...

81%2BpckxMaeL._SL1500_.jpg

And if you do not peel the maters, you are heathen scum.

I just ordered Jimmy Johns as it is usually the fastest to my house and a good sandwich, but not my favorite or anything, but got to thinking, what do people like to build on their sammy?

Me:
1. Meats, Ham, RB & Turkey on the sandwich, together...never a fan of the salted meats.
2. Veggies - Spinach over lettuce (romaine is ok, but iceburg sux)
Tomato
Onion
cucumber
(sometimes pickles)
3. Condiments: Cajun mayo or spicy remoulade-type spread
Oregano
(sometimes oil & vinegar, but usually only if consumed on site, as it makes the bread too soggy if delivery or to go)
salt n pepa
4. Cheese: If I'm wanting it spicy, pepper jack, but already have the spicy sauce, so I'll go with what I want that day...I like:
Muenster
Swiss
Good ol' American
gouda
5. Bread - A good pumpernickel is great for sandwiches, but it is hard to get at a sandwich store, so:
Basic wheat - I don't need the fancy 28-grain nut berry wheat crap some people try to do...just give me wheat bread
Basic white sub roll, although if you are in Atlanta and are going to make your own, it is worth the $3 for the 3 rolls from Lee's Bakery on Buford Hwy.

Whatcha got?
Turkey, pepper jack, spinach, bell peppers, banana peppers, lots of jalapeños, spicy mustard on Italian bread.

Two updates. 1. Why did I hate onions... call me racist @RoyDawgMercer , but white onion over sweet Vidalia sweets ... whites win every time. In a Sammy, you need that hard bite. I was wrong.

2. Stop arguing about Mayo. So many more sandwich condiments, even if I keep mayo on 1 bread piece... the other gets a chipotle mayo, or some similar. If you argue a basic sammy is mayo only, I'll tell you you are missing out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT