ADVERTISEMENT

Summer gas prices and effect on election.........

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
Local folks are predicting $ 4.50 gas per gallon in Georgia. Its reached the $ 3.50 range in April already, If it reaches that point or anything above the $ 4.10 range per gallon i think it significantly affects the Presidential Election. Don't think the Saudis are going to do anything to help this administration, for good or bad. The failure to replenish the petroleum reserve tells me the Biden administration is certainly concerned about where these prices are headed for the summer. Trump being convicted by NY jury wouldn't be the biggest issue of the summer if gas prices soar..........

Local folks are predicting $ 4.50 gas per gallon in Georgia. Its reached the $ 3.50 range in April already, If it reaches that point or anything above the $ 4.10 range per gallon i think it significantly affects the Presidential Election. Don't think the Saudis are going to do anything to help this administration, for good or bad. The failure to replenish the petroleum reserve tells me the Biden administration is certainly concerned about where these prices are headed for the summer. Trump being convicted by NY jury wouldn't be the biggest issue of the summer if gas prices soar..........
Wouldn't be surprised....also think inflation is slowly creeping back up. But some on here tell me that the Prez has nothing to do with inflation.

The Saudi owned refinery in Port Arthur Texas will close in August for "cleaning". This has a lot to due with the predictions.
I wonder how so many (including me) drive gas guzzlers and complain about the price of gas. Do they even make two door pickups anymore?

Reactions: nice marmot
The Saudi owned refinery in Port Arthur Texas will close in August for "cleaning". This has a lot to due with the predictions.
I wonder how so many (including me) drive gas guzzlers and complain about the price of gas. Do they even make two door pickups anymore?
I just bought a 420HP SUV and am applying for the vanity plate 14MPG. Just my way of saying f*** you, stick your climate BS up your ass.

sIfIdBq.jpg

Just saw a 2015 2 door for sale and yes they still make 2 door trucks. More on the work truck (commercial side) you can get them.

Henry county jumped up to $3.50 overnight than it all went down around $3.10-3.30 overnight. I expect it to be back up in a week or two but it’s been going up and down like that for a few weeks.

Reactions: DawgWCK

I just bought a 420HP SUV and am applying for the vanity plate 14MPG. Just my way of saying f*** you, stick your climate BS up your ass.

sIfIdBq.jpg
I am not talking about any climate BS here. Just when you drive gas guzzlers (I do) don't complaint about the price per gallon.

I am not talking about any climate BS here. Just when you drive gas guzzlers (I do) don't complaint about the price per gallon.
If I gave a fat rat’s ass about gas prices I would have bought a Prius. However, I am extremely concerned about what Biden’s gas prices are doing to working class Americans, a demographic he gives not one shit about.

Last edited:
Biden has affected the election.

If gas prices changes are what changes a vote I feel for the moral soul of our country.

I actually pray for the moral and spiritual soul of our country. It is what’s we are suppose to do.

Or pray to the government.

• Love
Reactions: BonJax and ajk9
If I gave a fat rat’s ass about gas prices I would have bought a Prius. However, I am extremely concerned about what Biden’s gas prices are doing to working class Americans, a demographic he gives not one shit about.
This is all part of the long term plan to push EV's even though the national infrastructure for them is no where near ready. Living in Florida I probably see 40% EV's but then again probably 25% of homes have solar and even higher percentage have chargers at home. This scenario is not feasible for every state, but the dems do not care. They would gladly watch the country burn than try to make sure EV charging infrastructure is up do par before mandating them.

EV sales have stagnated, there’s no way you see 40% EVs in Florida. Maybe in your neighborhood, but across Florida? No way.

That was a great idea, selling a refinery to the Saudis. What’s next? Giving Alaska back to the Russians?

Reactions: deadduckdawg
EV sales have stagnated, there’s no way you see 40% EVs in Florida. Maybe in your neighborhood, but across Florida? No way.
I meant specifically where I live, yes. Most people in my neighborhood alone drive at least one EV.

I meant specifically where I live, yes. Most people in my neighborhood alone drive at least one EV.
The huge run-up in EV purchases was predictable, as those who are wired to want to drive one even if cost prohibitive all replaced their ICE's within a few years - namely Covid and the couple years following (super low rates helped).

Now that the market has penetrated those most likely to want an EV, it gets a lot harder, because the rest of the market needs to see value. And just like every issue relating to climate, it should only make sense to the extent it is reasonably cost effective. We run into huge problems when we impose regs that fly in the face of cost effectiveness.

Exactly why we need business people in positions of power. They have the ability to balance social objectives with economic reality. Instead, the left simply demonizes CEO's as "greedy bad people," instead relying on the "expertise" of folks that no nothing of business. Academics, lawyers, and idealogues.

When you see Elizabeth Warren grilling Jamie Dimon as if he's some greedy sumbitch, it drives me nuts. The guy is a democrat, but would likely be one of the most effective presidents ever, because he would command respect on both sides of the aisle. And God forbid he earned his way to the white house by being very successful in the private sector, proving his chops as an incredible executive leader.

That was a great idea, selling a refinery to the Saudis. What’s next? Giving Alaska back to the Russians?
No, we are just going to mark it 'off limits' for any energy exploration and add to the already artificially inflated energy prices. We have to have high gas prices to make the EVs look financially viable....which they aren't

the White House is leaking info that Biden is considering a climate emergency with 130 war time powers, this is known among the Oil and Gas people to be a direct attack on fossil fuels as Biden just cancelled more leases in Alaska. Prices will go much higher than that if they have their way imo. Nothing will affect the election because they are going to cheat anyway and they are so emboldened that they wont adjust to appease the voters because they know the result. Biden and the democrats will ram whatever shit they want to down our throats and dare us to resist. If you resist, you will prosecuted or canceled thanks to the expansion and extension of FISA. Oh and not to mention the illegal entry of our country into the WHO treaty in May. We are becoming more and more communist by the day.

This is all part of the long term plan to push EV's even though the national infrastructure for them is no where near ready. Living in Florida I probably see 40% EV's but then again probably 25% of homes have solar and even higher percentage have chargers at home. This scenario is not feasible for every state, but the dems do not care. They would gladly watch the country burn than try to make sure EV charging infrastructure is up do par before mandating them.
Florida has .93% EV's .....so less than 1%. I dont see it increasing either.

If they move the election to this summer, high gas prices are going to help those against communism nonsense.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT