ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Summer sammiches

I didn’t think I could be more concerned for our country’s future, but I am. The better half, Professor Mrs. HTD told a class of incoming college students that I had a pineapple sandwich for lunch. One asked if that was really a thing. Several were stunned, others trembled.

They all should have to write a report on the battle between the Hula Burger and Filet-O-Fish.

Spoiler….the Hula Burger lost.

Bacon -CRISPY, tomato, fried egg, cheese and pickles. My go to sandwich
I’ve probably had over 1000 of them at the Waffle House

Reactions: 2Dawg
I didn’t think I could be more concerned for our country’s future, but I am. The better half, Professor Mrs. HTD told a class of incoming college students that I had a pineapple sandwich for lunch. One asked if that was really a thing. Several were stunned, others trembled.
BLT with Duke’s and backyard tomatoes is the king of all sandwiches.

Summer sandwiches:
1) tomato sandwich (white bread, heavy Mayo, salt)
2) tomato sandwich (white bread , heavy Mayo, salt)
3) tomato sandwich( white bread , heavy Mayo, salt....red pepper)
All with vine-ripened. big beef tomatoes from my home garden, with a healthy spread of Hellman's mayo:

1. BLT
2. Turkey-lettuce-tomato
3. Egg-cheese-lettuce tomato

Reactions: OldCodgerDawg
Best summer sandwich is bacon and tomato sandwich with mayo , salt and pepper!

Hellmans.. It tastes better.
Wachovia, or BP?
98c770c504c312bb54c409e59057aeab.gif

Summer sandwiches:
1) tomato sandwich (white bread, heavy Mayo, salt)
2) tomato sandwich (white bread , heavy Mayo, salt)
3) tomato sandwich( white bread , heavy Mayo, salt....red pepper)
If you are feeling crazy add a couple salt and vinegar chips on the sandwich. The salt and crunch are nice additions.

Reactions: OldCodgerDawg
Don’t sleep on the banana sandwich...or just a plain old mayonnaise sandwich.

I love a pineapple sandwich with plenty of Duke's mayo. But, eat it in a hurry before the bread gets soggy and falls apart.

1- Try a plneapple and peanut butter…. Mayo goes on one slice of bread, peanut butter on other.
2- Bologna and Vidalia onion…. Lots of mayo.
3- BLT

Year round ..fried egg.

Peeled tomato, preferably big enough to span the entire piece of bread in one slice because that allows...

Heavy mayo, without any of the mater falling out (personally ecumenical on Dukes vs. Hellmans)...

On Sunbeam white bread, fresh enough to stick to your teeth...

Washed down with an exceedingly cold Coke.

This, is summer.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

Never heard of anyone eating a pineapple sandwich and I have lived in GA most of my life..... probably should try it, probably won't

Reactions: alpha.q
Never heard of anyone eating a pineapple sandwich and I have lived in GA most of my life..... probably should try it, probably won't

????
1. You, your parents, and grandparents never hurt for money;
2. You're a middle child, neglected; OR
3. Good luck in Professor HTD's freshman class

In the video below, the one-pineapple slice sandwich is NOT the way to do it, IMO.

Last edited:

BLT
Garlic bologna, tomato, mayo, mustard
Egg (over easy), tomato, mayo, mustard
Tuna salad made with just mayo and diced Vidalia onions

Can't get Dukes up in here - uses Hellman's. Lawry's seasoned salt on fresh maters and fresh ground pepper.

1 Homemade chicken salad with home grown tomatoes salt pepper and a dash or three of Texas Pete
2. tomatoes my moms home made Mayo white bread salt pepper sweet onion
3. Bacon tomato and pimento cheese

eating number three as I type this

Bacon, egg, cheese toasted with lettuce and tomato
Ham and mayo w/ salt and pepper and BBQ chips on it
PB&J with a glass of milk

White bread, Duke's mayo and either Pineapple or sliced banana!

Or, toasted white bread, bacon, lettuce and salt and black pepper. Minus the tomato.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT