Jul 18, 2009
North Augusta, SC
News

Duke…lost

A Thunderous Farewell at Duke for Coach K, Even in Defeat

Murray - Morehead

No. 22 Murray State beats Morehead State to win OVC tourney

Colorado State - Boise

NCAA Tournament secured, beating Boise State Broncos was perfect finale for CSU Rams seniors Kendle Moore, Adam Thistlewood

North Texas - UTEP

UTEP snaps North Texas’ 15-game win streak with 70-68 victory

North Texas basketball rewind: UTEP 70, UNT 68

“UNT was on the bubble as far as earning an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament heading into the week. The Mean Green might not be out of the running, but there is little doubt UNT has a whole lot less room for error now.
The only sure way UNT ends up in the NCAA tournament is to win the C-USA tournament next week. Making the final might be enough, but there is no way to know for sure.
UNT will face the winner of a game between Charlotte and Rice at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday. The Mean Green are on the same side of the bracket as Western Kentucky, the No. 2 seed from the East, and Louisiana Tech, the No. 3 seed from the West.

UNT is looking at a likely path of Charlotte/Rice, Western Kentucky/Louisiana Tech and Middle Tennessee/UAB when it comes to winning the tournament.”

USF - BYU

BYU squanders crucial opportunity for NCAA Tournament resume builder in loss to San Francisco

Xavier

Xavier snaps losing streak with dominant win over Georgetown on Senior Night

"We've got the Big East Tournament here at Madison Square Garden starting on Wednesday night and I just found out in the locker room, I had no idea who the heck we were playing, we got Butler as fate would have it," said Steele. "I vividly remember last year being at MSG that feeling that I had in my stomach after that game and I know our guys do as well. I told our guys, listen we're 2-0 against Butler this year. Those 80 minutes mean nothing. They don't mean anything. And I hate people will say it's hard to beat a team three times in a row. That's a bunch of bologna as well. It's about those 40 minutes on the floor. Who's the tougher, more together team for 40 minutes and we gotta prepare the right way starting tonight."

LSU

MISS

Ole Miss basketball finishes worst SEC season in 31 years with another blown-lead loss

Ole Miss Basketball Lands Top Guard Prospect Amaree Abram

What it means:

While you were doing something else:

Previews

Cleveland State

Deante Johnson, D’Moi Hodge, Tre Gomillion lead Cleveland State’s defense into Horizon semifinal vs. Wright State

“Coach Dennis Gates says individual postseason accolades are a reflection of where the entire men’s basketball program is heading.
“Our guys do a great job of playing the right way,” Gates said. “On the other side of that, you have guys that can benefit. For D’Moi Hodge to be able to make the jump that he did, it takes his teammates believing in him.”
Gates added that Gomillion’s rise as a complete player on both sides of the ball was recognized by the league’s coaches when they voted him All-Horizon third team, as well.
“He’s not just a defensive player,” Gates said “That speaks to what the league’s coaches think about our players. It says we’re doing things the right way. Not only that, there’s no team that wins championships without guys getting those awards. If the team wins, our individuals win. That’s what we look forward to and what we applaud.”

Articles

Spokesman Review: Always-adapting Mark Few isn’t college basketball’s winningest coach by accident

LV Review Journal: How 1 college basketball tourney became 10 in Las Vegas

KC Star: Why Mizzou’s Cuonzo Martin is still the right coach for the Tigers basketball program

Pittsburgh Tribune Review: Many factors contribute to Pitt basketball's fall from NCAA contender to bottom of ACC

Coach Watch

Big South
Winthrop 23-8 vs Longwood 25-6 12:00

Southern
Wofford 19-12 vs UTC 25-7 4:00

Southern
Samford 21-10 vs Furman 21-11 6:30

GA High School Playoffs

Newton comes up short in epic Final Four clash with Norcross

Berkmar takes down No. 1 Pebblebrook for return to boys basketball state finals

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT