ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating TV viewing devices.

Gfunk20

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
So we've been using the Dish Network Playmaker satellite for our tailgate TV viewing since 2018. We have a Wally receiver and I do the month-to-month $99 pay-as-you-go plan for Dish. Really convenient as I get to keep me account active with Dish but only pay for the cable for the months of football season (Sept-Nov). It's reliable once it gets set up but its sort of a pain getting it set up with getting the satellite in a good position where there is no interference like buildings, trees, etc in the way. Set-up and break down can be sort of a pain.

For those of you that stream, how reliable is it. Do you use your phones hotspot? I feel that is asking for trouble for big games when folks start migrating to Athens throughout the day. Feel you might get away without buffering for the early morning hrs of gameday but as the day moves on and more people start coming in, that's asking for trouble depending on your iphone to provide a hotspot for a Roku or Fire stick to stream off of for like YouTubeTV. Do any of y'all use like a Verizon jet pack or mobile hotspot device where you pay a monthly fee for cellular internet? If so, does it hold well when tons of people start coming into Athens for gamedays? What's the price you pay?

Reactions: Woodlawn Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News