ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Texas and Oklahoma's schedule comparison

Terry02

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 16, 2005
Holly Springs, GA
Has anyone else noticed just how lopsided Oklahoma's SEC schedule is compared to Texas'?

Texas plays on the road at Michigan week 2 but they have 3 cupcakes before opening with Miss state in Austin. Then they get a bye week before playing Oklahoma. Then host us the following week. Their first SEC road game is at Vandy. They also hit the road at Arkansas and at TAMU. They host Florida and Kentucky at home.

Then look at Oklahoma's schedule.
3 cupcakes to start the year then their first SEC game is hosting Tennessee, followed up with on the road at Auburn. A bye week then Texas. to close the year out they hit the road at Ole Miss, at missouri and at LSU to end the season. They also host Bama (week before @LSU). Their other SEC game is hosting SC after the texas game.

Heading into this season I feel that Oklahoma is the better football team, however with their scheduled compared to Texas, the horns will be the popular favorite to be the better team. I think Oklahoma will beat Texas this year.

I also think Georgia handles them pretty good as well. They'll drop one or 2 more to random teams no one is thinking about. Texas lost to much talent to keep the pace up, remember they're Texas and they've never been dominant in the big 12 for multiple years after losing a lot of talent to the NFL, even with Sark.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News