ADVERTISEMENT

Thankfully this is a bye week.

cassiegracesdad

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2008
We need to get the dl healthy and ready to play. Defense played very well in all areas except tackling. Way too many missed tackles especially behind the lines. If we tackled like we should and did not have penalties we more than likely shut them out. But it only matters what actually happens that count. Kicking game was really good as is the norm. On defense Jackson, Chaz. Humphrey, Joenel, Malaki and Everette all played very well and all of them missed tackles they normally make. Practice is more than likely going to be going back to harder practices. Where to start on offense ? Carson looked pedestrian and lacked a ton of confidence. In the first half we wanted to throw vertically more but protection would not let him. Times it was ok protection we checked down way too early. Accuracy was not good at all. I felt like we missed opportunities for touchdowns twice during the game. Rewatching the game it was actually 4 times. Got to hit players in stride and not make slowdowns happen. Also stop the premature checkdowns. Offensively only Dominic and Etienne had good games. We need to go more vertical to make it work. CMB is taking heat and i get that. Buck stops with him. He needs to get them believing in what we are doing. Play calling was suspect but would have looked a lot better going vertical but when the line is not giving it enough times you tend to change the plan. Bottom line is coaches have to trust the players more and vice versa. I believe that the physical part of the offense will be fixed much easier than the mental part. We absolutely need to get our playmakers more chances. This includes guys who are not playing as much. We also need to keep problems about style and not playing enough in house. As always GO DAWGS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.