ADVERTISEMENT

That was a gaslighting like I've never experienced before.

Um, ok. Thanks Doc.
so, you want to suggest that prescribing doctors / retail pharmacists bear no responsibility?

strange that you want to blame the government in order to relieve all others of blame.

all doctors are not the same, man. there are many, many terrible physicians out there, if you haven't encountered them, you're fortunate.

so, you want to suggest that prescribing doctors / retail pharmacists bear no responsibility?

strange that you want to blame the government in order to relieve all others of blame.

all doctors are not the same, man. there are many, many terrible physicians out there, if you haven't encountered them, you're fortunate.
1. No
2. The Government was directly responsible for the Oxycontin epidemic
3. I agree and yes I have encountered them

We seem to have gone off topic here, what does this have to do w Trump and his administration?

1. No
2. The Government was directly responsible for the Oxycontin epidemic
3. I agree and yes I have encountered them

We seem to have gone off topic here, what does this have to do w Trump and his administration?
That was your topic.....which was off the original topic.

Reactions: Zonadog
classic Trumper nonsense.

1) accept as truth some outrageous baseless claim ("dude was juiced beyond belief")
2) get confronted with evidence that said claim might be projection
3) accuse presenter of said evidence of outrageous baseless claim.

there are plenty of articles claiming / wondering what the hell trump is on to make him seem like such a frothing maniac, but he doesn't need to be doing drugs to be malignant. He is just such a sad baby.
If you think it's an outrageous baseless claim that he was incredibly medicated last night, you're skill of perception is below the level that I require in someone in order for me to take them seriously.

Yes absolutely , but one needs the other is my point.
we agree - and thanks to weak campaign financing and Citizens United (etc) - I would say that our government is essentially the government of Big Pharma and the various, similar cartels

so I put it on the dollars / donors / distributors.

you are free of course to do otherwise.

I’m fully aware that there is nothing Joe could do to convince you the vege nerrative doesn’t fly. It’s entirely irrelevant what you and the other true believers think. You have said over and over again that you excuse Trump’s shortcomings because, ultimately, whatever your concerns, you have to vote for mental competence. You should just acknowledge that you will vote for Trump because prefer him as a candidate and are willing to live with his clearly articulated undemocratic inclinations.

You and I are not going to determine the outcome of this election. The middle, the suburban women, the moderates will drive the outcome. And I’m willing to wager that that group are more comfortable with Biden’s messaging that what they heard in the rebuttal or from Trump every time he opens his mouth.
I hope the democrats are totally comfortable now putting him in front of a camera. Let’s get this campaign rolling. Do some q and a’s on Fox and really dig into his policies. Or just some question and answers with reporters. The thing he hasn’t done in three years. Because his cognitive abilities are so very sharp will. He still can’t stand trial because he is too feeble will. Glad he can read a prompter only make ten mistakes or so and yell at people. Great victory.

I think this is the best thing that could have happened if they now believe he is good to go. We know that isn’t the case don’t we. Still pretending

I think he lost voters this week. Not because of the sotu. Because soccer moms love their social issues, but you know what they value most. Safety for their children. That was blown out of the water will. And guess what. More murders will happen between here and the election. Sadly. Policy will be the end of his political career. Even before the gaffe’s get him.

If you think it's an outrageous baseless claim that he was incredibly medicated last night, you're skill of perception is below the level that I require in someone in order for me to take them seriously.
He may have been... and I agree he was somewhat shouty, especially out of the gate (funny, no one's asked me my opinion)...

but whatever he was on sure allowed him command of a litany of policy and proposals.

Perhaps they should give "his predecessor" something similar.

You are so full of 💩. Legally prescribed common meds vs Biden’s White House of cocaine. Biden clearly has dementia and Parkinson’s disease. Spinal arthritis might make you have a shuffled gate but it doesn’t cause his abnormal arm swing or decreased blinking. Tonight he was clearly on adderal or some stimulant. If you don’t have ADD then they can cause anger. The constant yelling through the speech was crazy plus almost everything he said was a flat out lie or misleading. He didn’t mention Laken until he was forced to and then called her Lincoln. He is a POS and anyone who supports him hates our country imo.
Most neutral observers (obviously not MAGAs) were very impressed with Biden's speech. He supports middle America - ordinary folks and wants to enact policies that work for the middle class. To those taking shots at Biden I say: I would like to read one positive thing you could truthfully say about the lying criminal DLT. He sucks up to (and it makes you wonder if he actually sucked the way he bows down to) Putin and he shows no loyalty to America's long term and important allies. He obviously does not respect the rule of law. He is literally a piece of sh.t.

Reactions: BigDawgsgoRoof
"America is safer now, than when I took office. It's true, the murder rate is down"

I wonder what Laken Riley's parents have to say about that.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
It must be bitterly disappointing when the entire nerrative about Biden’s mental competence gets dismantled for ninety minutes on live TV.

You said the exact same thing after the last SOTU. But unfortunately, he still showed dozens of senile moments in the year between the speeches. Funny enough, you didn’t seem to be present in any of those threads….

He was declared unfit to stand trial, yet we’re supposed to believe he’s fit to run the country. If you want to believe the majority of the country feels that way, then go ahead.

But you might want to ask yourself if this belief is based in reality, or just a frothing hatred for Trump that makes any alternative the “right one”, no matter how outrageous it is.

Most neutral observers (obviously not MAGAs) were very impressed with Biden's speech. He supports middle America - ordinary folks and wants to enact policies that work for the middle class. To those taking shots at Biden I say: I would like to read one positive thing you could truthfully say about the lying criminal DLT. He sucks up to (and it makes you wonder if he actually sucked the way he bows down to) Putin and he shows no loyalty to America's long term and important allies. He obviously does not respect the rule of law. He is literally a piece of sh.t.
You slept through DJT's first 3 years as President. I can't help you

He may have been... and I agree he was somewhat shouty, especially out of the gate (funny, no one's asked me my opinion)...

but whatever he was on sure allowed him command of a litany of policy and proposals.

Perhaps they should give "his predecessor" something similar.
I am happy for you guys. You had been missing for a while. You can start pretending he is ok again. I know feels good. Whether it is real or fake, I am truly happy your fantasy land has come back to life for you and will.

I am happy for you guys. You had been missing for a while. You can start pretending he is ok again. I know feels good. Whether it is real or fake, I am truly happy your fantasy land has come back to life for you and will.
Look, no one wants these old men running things.

Biden is no one's cult hero.

One of the older men I was hunting with the other day (he's in his 70s) said - the choice is between "dementia and demented." To the extent that Joe is old, I think he put a lid on the dementia / doddering stuff last night. He will do it again at the convention and again in the debates.

More importantly, he doesn't need your vote. or the vote of any single one of the MAGA rage addicts on this site or anywhere. He needs the middle, and I have always been convinced that he will get it over the other guy. We have 8 months to watch and see what happens...

And then maybe we can say goodbye to the boomers, who have overstayed their welcome in the halls of government. Time for them to take to the fields - hunting, fishing, enjoying their grandkids, or failing that, raging on the chats, etc.

Last edited:
Hayul……gotta admit, it was an improvement.

Thinks he should juice up daily, maybe he could make it to the finish line without doing anymore damage or maybe less damage.

But I ain’t betting on it……pulling 4 him, but certainly not voting for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: zingerdawg
Hayul……gotta admit, it was an improvement.

Thinks he should juice up daily, maybe he could make it to the finish line without do anymore damage or maybe less damage.

But I ain’t betting on it……pulling 4 him, but certainly not voting for him.
That kind of juice he can’t take daily that is the problem. If he could this kind of stuff wouldn’t happen. What he did last night probably took a year off of his life.

You said the exact same thing after the last SOTU. But unfortunately, he still showed dozens of senile moments in the year between the speeches. Funny enough, you didn’t seem to be present in any of those threads….

He was declared unfit to stand trial, yet we’re supposed to believe he’s fit to run the country. If you want to believe the majority of the country feels that way, then go ahead.

But you might want to ask yourself if this belief is based in reality, or just a frothing hatred for Trump that makes any alternative the “right one”, no matter how outrageous it is.
You and @zingerdawg need to stop with the lies about what Hur determined. He did not find that Biden was unfit to stand trial and he would have been entirely unqualified to do so had he made that finding. What he did do was to speculate as to not only the anticipated defense strategy, but the effectiveness of that defense strategy, in the event that charges were brought, which they weren't. That kind of rank speculation has no place in a Special Counsel's report and was an obvious political attack.

Regardless, it was nothing more than one man's unqualified (he isn't a doctor, much less a neurologist) opinion about an invented scenario. If he had wanted to see what Biden's actual defense strategy was, and thought he broke the law, the only way to know would have been to indict him.

I'm sure you are horrified about the number of times Trump and his family/team have failed to recall events or simply taken the fifth under oath. If that's an indicator of mental competence, the whole lot of them need to be under medical supervision immediately.

You and @zingerdawg need to stop with the lies about what Hur determined. He did not find that Biden was unfit to stand trial and he would have been entirely unqualified to do so had he made that finding. What he did do was to speculate as to not only the anticipated defense strategy, but the effectiveness of that defense strategy, in the event that charges were brought, which they weren't. That kind of rank speculation has no place in a Special Counsel's report and was an obvious political attack.

Regardless, it was nothing more than one man's unqualified (he isn't a doctor, much less a neurologist) opinion about an invented scenario. If he had wanted to see what Biden's actual defense strategy was, and thought he broke the law, the only way to know would have been to indict him.

I'm sure you are horrified about the number of times Trump and his family/team have failed to recall events or simply taken the fifth under oath. If that's an indicator of mental competence, the whole lot of them need to be under medical supervision immediately.
So then why didnt he charge him ?

Reactions: cherrydawg

I was wondering how long it would take you to shift the blame to Hur. Your reaction in the moment was much more sensible.

"Well intentioned elderly person" is not generally what you are looking for in a president.

And calling this an "obvious political attack" is such a joke, with no evidence (as usual).

(also - source? - ambian can be useful for sleep when prescribed once in a while but -is- addictive and can cause memory loss when used regularly).

FYI, it's not just fighter pilots. Practically all aircrew are given ambien (or an alternative) at some point. From my experience: A) Prior to a mission that "significantly" conflicts with their normal sleep schedule B) After travelling across "several" time zones, in preparation to get on the new sleep schedule (and ready to fly) C) other various reasons.

Additionally, many are also given 'go pills' (i.e. narcotics) for use in very long missions. The 'standard' from my experience is they are at a Unit Commander's discretion for missions longer than 12 hrs (not guaranteed use, but an option). However, not all aircraft communities use go pills, vast majority use a sleep aid of some kind for reasons I listed above.

FWIW, after being given ambien, I was never asked to account for their use (i.e. use it or dispose of it). For the 'go pills', I had to either use them or turn in unused ones so they could be accounted for.

I could easily believe that members of the White House staff would be given a sleep agent for similar reasons that I list above.

I was wondering how long it would take you to shift the blame to Hur. Your reaction in the moment was much more sensible.

And calling this an "obvious political attack" is such a joke, with no evidence (as usual).
I see you chose not to respond to the substance of most of what I said.

I didn't shift blame; I corrected your severe mischaracterization of what the Hur report stated regarding Biden's mental competence.

The special counsel’s report did not declare President Joe Biden as unfit for trial. While the report acknowledged that Biden’s memory was significantly limited during interviews, it did not make any formal determination regarding his mental competence.

That's exactly why the comments were at a minimum inappropriate, if not politically driven. Hur is not a doctor, he did not have a doctor evaluate Biden, and Biden did not comment on his potential defense strategy. That's all entirely rank speculation, which is why some have commented that it was not appropriate for a SC report.

Also, a failure to recall events during questioning regarding legal matters is in no way an indicator of competence. Ask Trump and his family/advisors how that goes.

I can't "prove" that something was politically motivated, but I'll share an article that sums up how I reached that conclusion.

Also, I made my initial comments before I understood more about the report and what Hur's history was. I'm allowed to evolve a view as more facts come to the fore.

• Haha

Is that how you want to spin it? Which way do you want it served. Too feeble to stand trial. He is old with a bad memory and would be a sympathetic figure to jurors because he has no idea where he is half the time. He doesn’t remember when his son died. None of that goes over well for being the potus. He seems like a nice old man who is well intentioned. Hell that is a lie. I agree with you there. He is a fifty year crook of a politician who was thrown out of an election and lied about everything including his grades. He isn’t we intentioned. He has all the sheep snowed under with the awe shucks bs. lol. Why Obama picked him.

The fact checker gave up on Biden. He lied too much. Breaking him down for lies became too time consuming. He never told the truth.

Keep pretending. It is only going to get worse. And since you have decided to pretend again, I will be sure to inundate you with his gaffes going forward. And all the old man shuffle along with falling moments.

So then why didnt he charge him ?
Because the evidence did not establish his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Hur also stated definitively that the decision to not prosecute was in no way impacted by any DOJ guidelines about prosecuting a sitting President.

• Haha
Because the evidence did not establish his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Hur also stated definitively that the decision to not prosecute was in no way impacted by any DOJ guidelines about prosecuting a sitting President.
Why was there reasonable doubt? There were clear photos with red tape out in the open. Docs everywhere. He obviously had them illegally? Why was there reasonable doubt. Because he was a well intentioned old man with a terrible memory. No matter how you spin it. He couldn’t remember when his son died. How could they prove he remembered having the docs. He went on camera two weeks before all these were found and said he had none. Imagine not having a clue you have top secret docs at you home for a second. That is your president. How f’ed up is your brain if that is the case. My grandfather had Alzheimer’s bad. But he knew where his Purple Heart was at all times. You are telling me this mfer’s brain is so screwed up he forgot he had classified docs. That is pretty hard to forget. 🤦‍♂️. Love to hear you spin that one.

Is that how you want to spin it? Which way do you want it served. Too feeble to stand trial. He is old with a bad memory and would be a sympathetic figure to jurors because he has no idea where is is half the time. Neither go over well for being the potus. He seems like a nice old man who is well intentioned. Hell that is a lie. I agree with you there. He is a fifty year crook of a politician who was thrown out of an election and lied about everything including his grades. He isn’t we intentioned. He has all the sheep snowed under with the awe shucks bs. lol. Why Obama picked him.

The fact checker gave up on Biden. He lied too much. Breaking him down for lies became too time consuming. He never told the truth.

Keep pretending. It is only going to get worse. And since you have decided to pretend again, I will be sure to inundate you with his gaffes going forward. And all the old man shuffle along with falling moments.
You keep mischaracterizing what the Hur and Durham reports stated, and I keep correcting you, yet I'm the one guilty of spin.

Hur speculated about a fictitious scenario, and it was inappropriate. In fact, the DOJ principles he referenced as the basis for his decision actually shows his supposed reasoning was dead wrong and in no way a justification for declining to prosecute based on any potential sympathy from the jury.

From the article I posted above:

"Hur justifies his put-down of Biden’s mental acuity and memory by invoking the Department of Justice’s Principles of Federal Prosecution, but those regulations do not support Hur giving his “I’m not a doctor but play one on TV” opinion about Biden’s mental acuity. Hur is suggesting that the “sympathetic” nature of Biden’s supposed age-related infirmities will make jurors unlikely to convict him.

But the DOJ regulations cited by Hur actually cut against this as a reason for declining prosecution:

“Where the law and the facts create a sound, prosecutable case, the likelihood of an acquittal due to unpopularity of some aspect of the prosecution or because of the overwhelming popularity of the defendant or his/her cause is not a factor prohibiting prosecution. For example, in a civil rights case or a case involving an extremely popular political figure, it might be clear that the evidence of guilt—viewed objectively by an unbiased factfinder—would be sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction, yet the prosecutor might reasonably doubt, based on the circumstances, that the jury would convict. In such a case, despite his/her negative assessment of the likelihood of a guilty verdict (based on factors extraneous to an objective view of the law and the facts), the prosecutor may properly conclude that it is necessary and appropriate to commence or recommend prosecution and allow the criminal process to operate in accordance with the principles set forth here.”

In other words, a prosecutor should not decline to prosecute just because he is worried about losing due to the defendant looking sympathetic to the jury."

• Haha
we agree - and thanks to weak campaign financing and Citizens United (etc) - I would say that our government is essentially the government of Big Pharma and the various, similar cartels

so I put it on the dollars / donors / distributors.

you are free of course to do otherwise.
I agree with you about Big Pharma they are buying the Senate and the House to back their high prices for drugs.

You keep mischaracterizing what the Hur and Durham reports stated, and I keep correcting you, yet I'm the one guilty of spin.

Hur speculated about a fictitious scenario, and it was inappropriate. In fact, the DOJ principles he referenced as the basis for his decision actually shows his supposed reasoning was dead wrong and in no way a justification for declining to prosecute based on any potential sympathy from the jury.

From the article I posted above:

"Hur justifies his put-down of Biden’s mental acuity and memory by invoking the Department of Justice’s Principles of Federal Prosecution, but those regulations do not support Hur giving his “I’m not a doctor but play one on TV” opinion about Biden’s mental acuity. Hur is suggesting that the “sympathetic” nature of Biden’s supposed age-related infirmities will make jurors unlikely to convict him.

But the DOJ regulations cited by Hur actually cut against this as a reason for declining prosecution:

“Where the law and the facts create a sound, prosecutable case, the likelihood of an acquittal due to unpopularity of some aspect of the prosecution or because of the overwhelming popularity of the defendant or his/her cause is not a factor prohibiting prosecution. For example, in a civil rights case or a case involving an extremely popular political figure, it might be clear that the evidence of guilt—viewed objectively by an unbiased factfinder—would be sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction, yet the prosecutor might reasonably doubt, based on the circumstances, that the jury would convict. In such a case, despite his/her negative assessment of the likelihood of a guilty verdict (based on factors extraneous to an objective view of the law and the facts), the prosecutor may properly conclude that it is necessary and appropriate to commence or recommend prosecution and allow the criminal process to operate in accordance with the principles set forth here.”

In other words, a prosecutor should not decline to prosecute just because he is worried about losing due to the defendant looking sympathetic to the jury."
Why does he look sympathetic to a jury? Because he is a well intentioned old man with a really bad memory. That is fine if you don’t want to charge him for the docs. I don’t think Trump should be charged either. But he did do something wrong there for sure. Both of them. However nearly every recent president has. And Biden wasn’t even president then.

A well intentioned old man with a really bad memory doesn’t need to be the leader of the free world will. There is no way around it. There is no smarter man I have ever met in my life about politics, war, or just life in general than my grandfather. He would have been great at whatever he did, but past a certain point in age he was done. I know Trump is old too, but you are kidding yourself to say it is the same. Not to mention Trump isn’t the president. A feeble old man with a terrible memory however is.

Why does he look sympathetic to a jury? Because he is a well intentioned old man with a really bad memory. That is fine if you don’t want to charge him for the docs. I don’t think Trump should be charged either. But he did do something wrong there for sure. Both of them. However nearly every recent president has. And Biden wasn’t even president then.

A well intentioned old man with a really bad memory doesn’t need to be the leader of the free world will. There is no way around it. There is no smarter man I have ever met in my life about politics, war, or just life in general than my grandfather. He would have been great at whatever he did, but past a certain point in age he was done. I know Trump is old too, but you are kidding yourself to say it is the same. Not to mention Trump isn’t the president. A feeble old man with a terrible memory however is.
Biden freely gave many hours of time to Hur just after the attack on Israel because he thought it was important. Fair to say he was distracted. Also, a failure to recall when testifying to legal matters is a universally utilized approach to the point of being standard operating procedure. In and of itself it means nothing.

Look, Biden spoke live for over an hour last night, and it was far from the disaster you and others were banking on. There's nothing to be gained in debating why you think it was a disaster and why I don't. Let's just attribute it to a difference of perspective.

I think Trump is going to lose by more that he lost by in 2020. We will only have to wait until November to find out if I'm right or not.

Cheers.

Biden freely gave many hours of time to Hur just after the attack on Israel because he thought it was important. Fair to say he was distracted. Also, a failure to recall when testifying to legal matters is a universally utilized approach to the point of being standard operating procedure. In and of itself it means nothing.

Look, Biden spoke live for over an hour last night, and it was far from the disaster you and others were banking on. There's nothing to be gained in debating why you think it was a disaster and why I don't. Let's just attribute it to a difference of perspective.

I think Trump is going to lose by more that he lost by in 2020. We will only have to wait until November to find out if I'm right or not.

Cheers.
He spoke by prompter. We saw what a question and answer looked like when pressured after the hur report. Agree to disagree. For sure. But he was a trainwreck. The same way he would be a trainwreck when asked pressurized questions by anyone. He is the president. That shouldn’t be the case. You have an agenda so I get it. But not admitting he is not ok is not right. His family should be ashamed of themselves. As should the folks voting for him.

Will. He got mad at hur for his own forgetfulness when his son died. He did that. Then did it again on stage in the interview.

Proof right here. You won’t watch it. He forgot who gave him the damn bracelet. You guys kill me man. Serious make believe land you are living in.

You can literally see the oh shit moment when he realized he forgot her name. And the date.

Was he also so distracted when he went on camera to dog cuss Trump for having classified docs at his house. While forgetting he had stacks of them all over his house, offices and garage right next to his beloved corvette. lol.

Last edited:
He spoke by prompter. We saw what a question and answer looked like when pressured after the hur report. Agree to disagree. For sure. But he was a trainwreck. The same way he would be a trainwreck when asked pressurized questions by anyone. He is the president. That shouldn’t be the case. You have an agenda so I get it. But not admitting he is not ok is not right. His family should be ashamed of themselves. As should the folks voting for him.

Will. He got mad at hur for his own forgetfulness when his son died. He did that. Then did it again on stage in the interview.

Proof right here. You won’t watch it. He forgot who gave him the damn bracelet. You guys kill me man. Serious make believe land you are living in.

You can literally see the oh shit moment when he realized he forgot her name. And the date.
As I said, I think Trump loses by more than he lost by in 2020.

Mental competence is not the winning hand for Trump you want it to be. He better come up with something else if he wants it to be a competitive race.

Mental competence is not the winning hand for Trump you want it to be. He better come up with something else if he wants it to be a competitive race.
Don’t think you all can get the turnout you did last time. Don’t think the nursing home residents and dead people are going to vote for Biden this time. Hope they vote for Trump.

I know you said it. That’s going out on a limb for sure right now. Slojoe may win. God help us, but Putin wants biden to win. So like you say he may make it so. lol. Russian interference in another election.

Bad Policy is plenty other than his mental decline. How many more dead girls do you need will? Before you call his policy bad too. Or are we still pretending there as well.

I swear, you are the funhouse mirror of the chats
He said it. Do you want me to call Putin a liar. He said he loves slojoe. He is a predictable dimwit. I take the man at his word. You can laugh at whether he means it or not, but he absolutely said it.

Will is holding on to that Russia excuse for the 2024 election. Putin double crossed him. Just poking some fun at that hilarious turn of events. It is ok to have a little fun at someone’s expense here right.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT