ADVERTISEMENT

The Clems kick off Georgia Festivus week with the airing of the grievances.....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Rah Rah Clem: I was on the Cheerleading Squad in 1991. We pulled up to campus in our bus that had Clemson all over it. We looked out the window and saw this old lady Georgia Bulldog fan who looked like she was somebody’s Great-great Grandmother. She saw us and with one hand she was holding a Budweiser and with the other hand she was shooting us the bird!!!

"This one time, at band camp" Clem:
I was in the band and our seven buses were riding the back roads over to Athens and there were people sitting in lawn chairs in the yard for the purpose of harassing and yelling at fans coming over from Clemson.

As we drove on campus in Athens to where we were supposed to park - their equivalent of Fike - a Michelob bottle came through the window of Bus 1.

As the band lined up to march to the stadium, the band director told the girls in the color guard to not march on the outside of the column because of the behavior of the fans there. That was not a problem anywhere else we went.

In short - Georgia fans have been terrible in all living memory. I despise everything about that miserable place

"Georgia fans came to drink beer and kick @$$. They ran out of beer." Clem:

Yep, one game there had a tailgate group calling us
names and said they'd see us after the game and whip our #####.

We'd basically lost game b/4 4th quarter so my Clemson buddy & I decided to leave a bit early for car and get out of town pronto..

Especially since they'd mentioned they'd whip our grandmamas too!

Years later my CU grad Son went to Law school there for 3 long years but don't think I attended but 2 football games since still scared! Ha..

Still thinks it's 2018 Clem: I've never seen such arrogance. Georgia fans and the media are completely out of control. Clemson wins Saturday, Dabo loves all this disrespect.

Clem that crossed the border: I have to deal with them everyday since I live in Dawg country.

Old hat Clem: LOL....you're clearly new to the South. Jawja fans have been like this forever. You act like this is something new....

Danny Ford era Clem: 100%. They’ve been arrogant jacka$$es for years!

Knows his place Clem: It has always been that way and in many ways, they deserve to be proud. Their record over us is similar to our record over the Coots. Like Ali said: "It ain't braggin if you can do it."

Defiant Clem: Ali said "It's not bragging if you can back it up." It remains to be seen if they can back it up.

Mixed Marriage Clem: Seriously, Georgia fans are always the same. My stepson’s are Georgia fans, and they’re laughing about the game. They think they’re going win by 30.

Deja vu all over again Clem: I seem to remember this same scenario with the best college football team ever. We all know how that turned out. Pride comes right before the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.