ADVERTISEMENT

***WAR ROOM*** The latest with June 2-4 official visits wrapping up

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020
Let’s get to it. In our June 2-4 Cliff Notes leading into the weekend, we listed 3 categories.

1. PROSPECTS GEORGIA HAD THE MOST MOMENTUM WITH
(Justin Greene, Joseph Phillips, Daniel Calhoun, Justin Scott)
- CHANGES: I’d add two guys from this weekend to that category now.

Not expecting a lot of public commitments out of this group in the immediate future, but do very much so think Georgia is in an enviable position with the four listed originally and the two additions. Am hearing that one these is still likely to announce a decision sooner rather than later.

Yes, before you ask, Georgia would take Nelson. He’s a hybrid WR/TE that can be utilized more like a receiver. 7 foot high jumper! Nearing a Sub 11, 100m. Just add that kind of athlete at 6-foot-5, 215 and worry about the rest later.

Also, it’s worth noting on Phillips that Georgia was his only scheduled OV coming into the weekend. Talks about taking a game OV visit to Bama and UT this fall, but nothing schedule.

UGASports is told that the visit for Phillips and Scott in particular was strong!

Am told that Dylan Raiola and Peyton Woodyard really displayed leadership during the weekend. Other prospects gravitate to them and view them as genuine in their interactions

2. MOST INTERESTING PROSPECTS
Easley was in this category, he moved it up. Demarcus Riddick and Williams Nwaneri were the other two. Haven’t heard as much on Nwaneri, but believe Riddick felt at home around the other Georgia commits. Georgia will still have to fend off challengers, but I believe the relationship was fortified this weekend based on reports from sources involved.

CHANGES:

The momentum between the two parties had stalled leading into this OV. UGASports is told that the visit itself did a lot to smooth over any frustrations that had existed. Wingo and McClendon really strengthened their bond during the weekend. Enough good will was built up that I feel comfortable moving him out of the most unlikely to to sign category and into the most interesting category. Let’s see where this one is a few weeks from now after more visits. There things that matter to both sides of this equation that will play out over time. Will be a process, regardless of the outcome. No NIL is not the chief driving factor.

3. MOST UNLIKELY TO SIGN

Would still have Jerrick Gibson and Dylan Stewart in this category. Although, it definitively seems that Gibson enjoyed the visit and if there were a top 2, I’d put Georgia in there with Texas as in the number 1 slot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News