ADVERTISEMENT

The random acts of violence are scary, but this article is probably right....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
It's a Civil War behind a laptop. What we're really fighting is a war on misinformation. And what we've fallen into is "I hate the other side so much, I don't really care if what they say about them is true or not. And I certainly don't give a damn what my guy does since he drives those I hate crazy."

One side seems to be more into this kind of thing than the other at the moment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...and-neurotic-to-fight-a-civil-war/ar-AA10BUHx

It's a Civil War behind a laptop. What we're really fighting is a war on misinformation. And what we've fallen into is "I hate the other side so much, I don't really care if what they say about them is true or not. And I certainly don't give a damn what my guy does since he drives those I hate crazy."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...and-neurotic-to-fight-a-civil-war/ar-AA10BUHx
LOL the daily beast. You will never know the truth. Spin merchant for the left. You will never get a counter view from them. IF you cared to look you could find lots of left pols talking in violent terms toward the right. IN fact, the last pols to be shot where pubs by your peace loving lib brothers. Remember a certain baseball practice? You lefties sure get twisted in circles by your pols and their propaganda wing.

Thinks both sides are bad…..and the politicians & news are driving all of it. The gullible fall for it.

Peeps need to do their research/due diligence and vote.

LOL the daily beast. You will never know the truth. Spin merchant for the left. You will never get a counter view from them. IF you cared to look you could find lots of left pols talking in violent terms toward the right. IN fact, the last pols to be shot where pubs by your peace loving lib brothers. Remember a certain baseball practice? You lefties sure get twisted in circles by your pols and their propaganda wing.
The difference here is this is an opinion piece. It's not a news article. You don't get the difference. I agree with this person's opinion that thankfully, most of this is talk. As I've said before, Jan. 6th made sense if you actually believed all the lies out there. It never made sense to me if you believed it was stolen, but your solution was to vote again in four years. This is entertainment. Get behind your computer and talk about all the X File shiola you believe. That's what most want to do. Thankfully. The unfortunate part is that indeed destroys some people's lives. Like this crazy guy who ended his in Ohio this past week. Like the guy who stormed the pizza restaurant in DC. Like the guy who was a Trump supporter and the crazies who have made him out to be a govt. sponsored instigator. I feel sad for those folks. They are true believers for what most are using as entertainment in their humdrum lives.

Last edited:
The difference here is this is an opinion piece. It's not a news article. You don't get the difference. I agree with this person's opinion that thankfully, most of this is talk. As I've said before, Jan. 6th made sense if you actually believed all the lies out there. It never made sense to me if you believed it was stolen, but your solution was to vote again in four years. This is entertainment. Get behind your computer and talk about all the X File shiola you believe. That's what most want to do. Thankfully. The unfortunate part is that indeed destroys some people's lives. Like this crazy guy who ended his in Ohio this past week. Like the guy who stormed the pizza restaurant in DC. Like the guy who was a Trump supporter and the crazies who have made him out to be a govt. sponsored instigator. I feel sad for those folks. They are true believers for what most are using as entertainment in their humdrum lives.
Your so brainwashed you can't be reasoned with. The left is the only one pushing for violence. They are the ones that burned all the cities last summer and not one came out and tried to get them to stop or did anything about it. They in fact pushed and supported it. So you go on reading your left wing propaganda and be wrong all you want.

Reactions: Lady43
Your so brainwashed you can't be reasoned with. The left is the only one pushing for violence. They are the ones that burned all the cities last summer and not one came out and tried to get them to stop or did anything about it. They in fact pushed and supported it. So you go on reading your left wing propaganda and be wrong all you want.
Again pushing for violence makes sense if you believe what you say you believe.

If you really believe it, what you are doing here doesn't. It's a game for you. Enjoy the play. Hope it doesn't turn on you like this guy. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/13/us/politics/jan-6-conspiracy-theory-ray-epps.html

Reactions: khonelson
Again pushing for violence makes sense if you believe what you say you believe.

If you really believe it, what you are doing here doesn't. It's a game for you. Enjoy the play. Hope it doesn't turn on you like this guy. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/13/us/politics/jan-6-conspiracy-theory-ray-epps.html
I aint pushing for violence, that belongs to the dims. Got lots of video of their pols telling voters to get in the face of pubs. etc. I'm not reading anymore of your left wing crap. From the beast to the nyt. good grief. You have no chance. BTW I see the name ray epps in the link... don't you think its suspicious that he of all the people at the capital has not been arrested. My goodness, they arrested 80 year old ladies with cameras.. SMH if you can't grasp something is fishy with that guy..

Now, you are so far in left field you are going on the ignore list with roymecer.. You make number 2. But anyone that is a blatantly antagonistic and uses the sources you use to try and prove some left wing view point ain't worth the trouble. Now, go read mother jones or marybeth, you and celtic can sit around the commie circle jerk together.

PS the nyt is a left wing paper I wouldn't wipe my butt with. They even had to ask schumer about running an op ed from tim scott. Thats your paper of choice. VERY unbiased right? ROFLMBO

I aint pushing for violence, that belongs to the dims. Got lots of video of their pols telling voters to get in the face of pubs. etc. I'm not reading anymore of your left wing crap. From the beast to the nyt. good grief. You have no chance. BTW I see the name ray epps in the link... don't you think its suspicious that he of all the people at the capital has not been arrested. My goodness, they arrested 80 year old ladies with cameras.. SMH if you can't grasp something is fishy with that guy..

Now, you are so far in left field you are going on the ignore list with roymecer.. You make number 2. But anyone that is a blatantly antagonistic and uses the sources you use to try and prove some left wing view point ain't worth the trouble. Now, go read mother jones or marybeth, you and celtic can sit around the commie circle jerk together.

PS the nyt is a left wing paper I wouldn't wipe my butt with. They even had to ask schumer about running an op ed from tim scott. Thats your paper of choice. VERY unbiased right? ROFLMBO
Dude, Like I said. I'm thankful you're a laptop warrior. Peace out.

Reactions: jbpayne32
Dude, Like I said. I'm thankful you're a laptop warrior. Peace out.
It's fun isn't it. Some people are so warped they won't accept (if they even read) a first person account of what has happened to them just because where it was reported. It's not an opinion piece. I hope he sues everyone including the people on the Chat who are disparaging him.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg and kckd

BLM and Antifa say Hi.

BLM and Antifa say Hi.
Not really getting what you're saying here. We've had riots over racial issues long before Twitter, Facebook and message boards.

We haven't had the Capitol attacks.

The OKC bombing was done because the guy thought the govt. was overstepping its bounds. He was involved with militia types. They just didn't have the ability to spread their message the way they do now. His beliefs were not much different than what I read here. One person who acts can do a lot of damage.

But these were separate attacks by one person. I hope that that's what it mostly is.

But Jan. 6th was organized. And that wouldn't have been possible without the internet. Oath Keepers is a militia that has denied they are because of the negative connotations that come with it. But guys involved with it that have now left say it operates the same.

Not really getting what you're saying here. We've had riots over racial issues long before Twitter, Facebook and message boards.

The OKC bombing was done because the guy thought the govt. was overstepping its bounds. He was involved with militia types. They just didn't have the ability to spread their message the way they do now. His beliefs were not much different than what I read here. One person who acts can do a lot of damage.

But these were separate attacks by one person. I hope that that's what it mostly is.

But Jan. 6th was organized. And that wouldn't have been possible without the internet. Oath Keepers is a militia that has denied they are because of the negative connotations that come with it. But guys involved with it that have now left say it operates the same.
Of course you don’t. MSNBC is as detached from reality as Tinker Bell.

Last edited:
It's fun isn't it. Some people are so warped they won't accept (if they even read) a first person account of what has happened to them just because where it was reported. It's not an opinion piece. I hope he sues everyone including the people on the Chat who are disparaging him.
LOL you two make a great couple, yeah, like epps is going to admit what he is tell the truth about anything. Next, tell me how many of trumps inner circle you believe when they tell you first hand about how they have been besmirched by the doj/fbi? Thought so... now you go to the ignore pile with your buddies kc and roy and do your insane circle jerk.

Reactions: Lady43
Of course you don’t. MSNBC is as detached from reality as Tinker Bell.
Who brought up MSNBC? I know what kind of places you guys go for your news because you link them. BTW, the link to that opinion piece was from Drudge.

Good point, we have never had anyone else attack the Capitol building, this is all brand new stuff we have never seen before...oops

Reactions: wrmsprngsdawg

Great article.
The "I want a civil war" crowd is sick.
Most are probably old white dudes like me.
We be like:
I want war!......after it cools off outside, cause I can't do war good while sweatin'.

Good point, we have never had anyone else attack the Capitol building, this is all brand new stuff we have never seen before...oops

Here we go again. Come on, are you really trying to equate the two incidents? Here's a quote from that link you posted.

It would be wrong to give these events equal weight on the historical scale, to simply regard them as insurrections from opposite ends of the spectrum. Dangerous and criminal as it was, the bombing amounted to a kind of guerrilla theater, a symbolic destruction of federal property to protest the disastrous military intervention in Vietnam. The Jan. 6 mob that ransacked the Capitol, causing five deaths, embodied a far more perilous delusion: that a national election was fraudulent and should be overturned with threats and violence against lawmakers. “Stop the War” versus “Stop the Steal.”

Right from your source. End of discussion.

Here we go again. Come on, are you really trying to equate the two incidents? Here's a quote from that link you posted.

It would be wrong to give these events equal weight on the historical scale, to simply regard them as insurrections from opposite ends of the spectrum. Dangerous and criminal as it was, the bombing amounted to a kind of guerrilla theater, a symbolic destruction of federal property to protest the disastrous military intervention in Vietnam. The Jan. 6 mob that ransacked the Capitol, causing five deaths, embodied a far more perilous delusion: that a national election was fraudulent and should be overturned with threats and violence against lawmakers. “Stop the War” versus “Stop the Steal.”

Right from your source. End of discussion.
No one entering the Capitol killed anyone, quit repeating their propaganda.
To act like planting dynamite in the Capitol is somehow less dangerous doesn’t help your argument in the eyes of anyone with an IQ over 17.
I was responding to the claim that Jan6th was somehow the first time the Capitol was attacked. My point stands. End of quote, repeat the line.

Reactions: doerunn
No one entering the Capitol killed anyone, quit repeating their propaganda.
To act like planting dynamite in the Capitol is somehow less dangerous doesn’t help your argument in the eyes of anyone with an IQ over 17.
I was responding to the claim that Jan6th was somehow the first time the Capitol was attacked. My point stands. End of quote, repeat the line.
Ok, your claim was right as pointed out in your article and that stands. What do you mean repeating their propaganda - i quoted from the article you so proudly posted and there you go twisting the story again. Don't attack me for what you did - own the truth.

I'm not acting like anything but just pointed out what you supported in that article. If you didn't agree with the article, you wouldn't have posted it, right? You could just have mentioned the incident.

And, yes, the planting of the dynamite might have been more damaging physically to the Capitol, but that's not the point. What was the lasting effect of that dynamite? The effect of January 6th is so much more damaging to our country for what it represented. If you can't see that, as I suspect, that's part of the damage.

Reactions: khonelson
Ok, your claim was right as pointed out in your article and that stands. What do you mean repeating their propaganda - i quoted from the article you so proudly posted and there you go twisting the story again. Don't attack me for what you did - own the truth.

I'm not acting like anything but just pointed out what you supported in that article. If you didn't agree with the article, you wouldn't have posted it, right? You could just have mentioned the incident.

And, yes, the planting of the dynamite might have been more damaging physically to the Capitol, but that's not the point. What was the lasting effect of that dynamite? The effect of January 6th is so much more damaging to our country for what it represented. If you can't see that, as I suspect, that's part of the damage.
It’s Politico and there is plenty editorialized opinions in the article. I didn’t post it and claim I agreed with the authors opinion. I was refuting the claim that the Capitol attack was somehow a new thing. There have been several others.

1954-Puerto Rican nationalists pushing for PR independence entered the Capitol and shot 5 members of Congress

there are many additional examples of left wing activists getting into the Capitol and occupying it. That doesn’t even cover when this has been done at other federal buildings and state houses.
this doesn’t justify any of the damage or violence on Jan6th but let’s not act like it’s an isolated incident. For those who live in DC, they will tell you that protests(of various sizes) happen EVERY DAY.
Politicians are using this for political gain.

Politico is a good source. Glad you take the time to read something besides Breitbart. I remember that. Those people were more in line with what I talked about before. Small group that operated within that group. What happened Jan. 6th were several groups and a bunch of supporters coming together and hearing rhetoric beforehand of revolutionary type stuff. The circumstances surrounding the two attacks are not the same. Both were terrible and the people involved should serve time, maybe in some cases never to be released in the public again.

If you believe the people storming the Capitol were wrong on Jan.6th, then it would stand to reason that it would also be wrong for the POTUS to say nothing and do nothing about it for almost three hours knowing full well what was happening. That's the rub with it all.

But alas we are watching football again. Bammer didn't get called for a holdling penalty (Joe's liquor store was looted and burned and no one did anything), so the refs shouldn't call UGA for an obvious one on their next drive (Jan. 6th insurrectionists and the POTUS shouldn't be held accountable). The difference is that works out okay in a game, but in real life, real crime it's not the same.

If someone else's kid gets a slap on the wrist for threatening to kill a teacher with a knife at school, that doesn't mean my kid shouldn't be held accountable if he's caught trying to burn the school down. As grandma said, "two wrong don't make a right, you just doubled your problems."

So if you think Hillary's emails were a big deal because they actually were a big deal, then it makes no sense that Trump holding documents with the highest classification for clearance is not a big deal. It just proves it was never about the actual possibility of crime to you, just the person doing it.

Politico is a good source. Glad you take the time to read something besides Breitbart. I remember that. Those people were more in line with what I talked about before. Small group that operated within that group. What happened Jan. 6th were several groups and a bunch of supporters coming together and hearing rhetoric beforehand of revolutionary type stuff. The circumstances surrounding the two attacks are not the same. Both were terrible and the people involved should serve time, maybe in some cases never to be released in the public again.

If you believe the people storming the Capitol were wrong on Jan.6th, then it would stand to reason that it would also be wrong for the POTUS to say nothing and do nothing about it for almost three hours knowing full well what was happening. That's the rub with it all.

But alas we are watching football again. Bammer didn't get called for a holdling penalty (Joe's liquor store was looted and burned and no one did anything), so the refs shouldn't call UGA for an obvious one on their next drive (Jan. 6th insurrectionists and the POTUS shouldn't be held accountable). The difference is that works out okay in a game, but in real life, real crime it's not the same.

If someone else's kid gets a slap on the wrist for threatening to kill a teacher with a knife at school, that doesn't mean my kid shouldn't be held accountable if he's caught trying to burn the school down. As grandma said, "two wrong don't make a right, you just doubled your problems."

So if you think Hillary's emails were a big deal because they actually were a big deal, then it makes no sense that Trump holding documents with the highest classification for clearance is not a big deal. It just proves it was never about the actual possibility of crime to you, just the person doing it.
Hillary did not have declassification authority and was either not legally allowed to have them on that server or did not properly secure them, maybe both. Either way, the server was apparently compromised by foreign adversaries. Not comparable.

End of quote, repeat the line.

It is just like the article that @MonolithicDawgX posted about vaccinated being contagious longer. His article sited a legit medical journal so I assumed it was legit. Turns out the info in his article was still wrong. Fake news sucks and there has to be more accountability there.

edit for disclaimer- I am conservative and do think there will be issues with the vaccinated down the road. But we also have to be able to be able to acknowledge BS when we learn it’s BS.

Last edited:
Hillary did not have declassification authority and was either not legally allowed to have them on that server or did not properly secure them, maybe both. Either way, the server was apparently compromised by foreign adversaries. Not comparable.

End of quote, repeat the line.
What you're saying just tells me you do not read what he's accused of and what he did. He had to declassify before he was out of office. There is a process that he has to go through to do that. He can't just say he did it when he was alone in the Oval office in November 2020. Furthermore, he still can be charged even if the documents were declassified.

"
"two of the laws that a search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago this week referred to — Sections 1519 and 2071 of Title 18 of the United States Code — make the taking or concealment of government records a crime regardless of whether they had anything to do with national security.

For another, laws against taking or hoarding material with restricted national-security information, which generally carry heavier penalties than theft of ordinary documents, do not always line up with whether the files are technically classified.
That is because some criminal laws enacted by Congress to protect certain national-security information operate separately from the executive branch’s system of classifying documents — created by presidents using executive orders — as “confidential,” “secret” or “top secret.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/12/us/politics/declassified-documents-trump.html

What you're saying just tells me you do not read what he's accused of and what he did. He had to declassify before he was out of office. There is a process that he has to go through to do that. He can't just say he did it when he was alone in the Oval office in November 2020. Furthermore, he still can be charged even if the documents were declassified.

"
"two of the laws that a search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago this week referred to — Sections 1519 and 2071 of Title 18 of the United States Code — make the taking or concealment of government records a crime regardless of whether they had anything to do with national security.

For another, laws against taking or hoarding material with restricted national-security information, which generally carry heavier penalties than theft of ordinary documents, do not always line up with whether the files are technically classified.
That is because some criminal laws enacted by Congress to protect certain national-security information operate separately from the executive branch’s system of classifying documents — created by presidents using executive orders — as “confidential,” “secret” or “top secret.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/12/us/politics/declassified-documents-trump.html
Trump allowed the FBI to see all the documents and take what they needed a month ago and the FBI hasn’t even refuted that. He is the worst concealer and hoarder in the history of the written word.
the bottom line is THATS NOT WHAT THEY WANTED, that’s just the excuse they are using. This was a political fishing expedition. The Jan6th commission is a bust and has proven nothing. They are hoping they can find something else to point to as a smoking gun. I’m sure it isn’t there but they will claim they found it. Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Trump allowed the FBI to see all the documents and take what they needed a month ago and the FBI hasn’t even refuted that. He is the worst concealer and hoarder in the history of the written word.
the bottom line is THATS NOT WHAT THEY WANTED, that’s just the excuse they are using. This was a political fishing expedition. The Jan6th commission is a bust and has proven nothing. They are hoping they can find something else to point to as a smoking gun. I’m sure it isn’t there but they will claim they found it. Desperation is a stinky cologne.
Read more and don't assume everything that comes from Trump's side is the truth. Remember that he called for the National Guard before Jan. 6th and Pelosi turned it down? Well, that's what his people told Hannity. But when they were questioned under oath? They said it didn't happen.

https://www.newsweek.com/chris-mill...-capitol-riot-contradiction-testimony-1728207

• Haha
Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT