ADVERTISEMENT

The saddest thing about this is

REEDCREEKDOG

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2002
that what we’re seeing now was so damn predictable. I love Kirby Smart. He won us two natties when I had given up all hope that I would ever live to see another one. He won those because he had recruited so well and made three-stars into all-stars, albeit in Stetson’s case it may have been a little against Kirby’s will, just as it was for a lot of us. In addition to having superb players, he had an OC who would push back at him enough to get him a little outside his comfort zone. Then he hires an OC he is totally comfortable with even though three-fourths of the known world thought he surely could have done better. When Beck decided put his mind to it, he was more than serviceable when he had two guys who could get wide-ass open whenever he needed them to. Then, along comes NIL, and Beck gets way too full of himself and goes for the bling as if he was already a proven sure fire, can’t miss first-rounder. The Lambo, arm candy, private jets wasn’t just bad optics. He may have been just telling us who/what he really is, or has become: A front runner, who can’t hack it when he no longer surrounded by guys who made him look lots better than he has proven to be this year. I know there are lots of other serious problems that are not, strictly speaking, Bobo’s, Beck’s or Kirby’s fault. Still, in looking at what this team is now and will be going forward this season, while I certainly hope for some improvement, I can’t really see any reason for thinking it will be nearly sweeping enough. We will continue to win games even if it looks as though we won’t for much of the game itself. I’ll still be there yelling my fool head off either way, but I am just not going to keep getting wrung out over expectations that I can’t see having any basis in reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.