ADVERTISEMENT

The weeks leading up to this have been interesting. This will be the best team we have played...

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
I've watched some on here take any reference to Ohio State being good or saying they might have a slight advantage in the passing game vs. our defense, etc. as saying Georgia will lose.
Their recruiting is the same as ours. We don't have the athletic advantage we usually have and they are probably the only team we can say that about sans Bama.
I remember when we'd all act like we were offended in the early Richt years that S. Carolina fans thought they would beat us. I remember Steve Patterson posted something like this: "Imagine that a fanbase actually thinks they can win a game that they normally compete pretty well in."
I don't get offended at OSU fans for thinking they'll win. Their fanbase reminds me of ours in 2012 when we matched up with Bama in the SECCG. About half were optimistic that it was our time finally and the other half saw no reason to believe that we wouldn't wilt in the spotlight. We lost, but we played a competitive game. They're no. 4 now, we were no. 3 then. They're a lot closer to us in talent than we were to Bama in 2012 if you go by the star rankings. And it makes sense that they see avenues for a victory. Imagine having the no. 4 team in the country and thinking you have no shot. If we were in their shoes there'd be a majority of us over here excited and thinking we could and would emerge victorious.
All that said, I do think we win Saturday and possibly easily when all is said and done.

Will say that while 2021 spoiled us, football games rarely go exactly as expected. How many games this year actually went the way you expected in the first half?
Looking through our schedule, I'd say maybe two or three. Some were surprising in a good way. I felt we'd have leads vs. Oregon and LSU, but not to the extent we did. I felt Tennessee would have more than 6 points at halftime.
Some were not good. Didn't expect to be up only 3 to Tech or in a one score game with MSU or with only FGs to show vs. Kentucky or losing to Mizzou.

I'd give OSU about a 20-30 percent chance of pulling off the upset. Between them winning the turnover ratio or out executing us in the RZ, there is the possibility we lose this game.
That said I like these matchups: Our receivers vs. their secondary. Our DL vs. their OL. Our front seven vs. their run game. Our TEs vs. their LBers and safeties (aside from ND's guy, they haven't matched up with anyone like our guys and ND's pass game stunk at the beginning of the year). Just feel like we'll be ready to play and whatever juice Ohio gets from the underdog status, it won't last very long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News