ADVERTISEMENT

There are posters who still like Biden.

If PA officials hadn't been stealing foreign aid money, and possibly using some of it to support Hamas, they might not be in such bad shape now.

Maybe the Biden Admin can lean on some NATO allies to provide more aid, instead of waiting for the US to kick in even more, as President Trump said.

Are our guys so bad at international diplomacy that the first thought is to circumvent or violate the law of our country?

Loan forgiveness after 10 years or so for teachers and law enforcement…..I can probably go along with some of that depending on the circumstances.

But loan forgiveness for all no matter is a different story.
We've argued this before but its a golden opportunity for the republicans to ruthlessly crush their enemies (or at the least call Biden's bluff) by endorsing loan forgiveness but only using the endowments of universities to pay for it.

Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if Ted Cruz called for the seizure of Harvard's endowments and that money was used to help John Smith, ABAC alum. It's a great opportunity to gut the power of academia and reward the children of conservative voters.

We've argued this before but its a golden opportunity for the republicans to ruthlessly crush their enemies (or at the least call Biden's bluff) by endorsing loan forgiveness but only using the endowments of universities to pay for it.

Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if Ted Cruz called for the seizure of Harvard's endowments and that money was used to help John Smith, ABAC alum. It's a great opportunity to gut the power of academia and reward the children of conservative voters.
Thinks the donations would more than likely halt or slow to a crawl.

The issue I would have is for those that paid their way or paid their loans off. I guess it all can be argued, no easy answer for now other than being personally responsible.

The issue I would have is for those that paid their way or paid their loans off. I guess it all can be argued, no easy answer for now other than being personally responsible.
Besides, just not sure how that would work.

For example, if I was to donate a mil to a college to use as an endorsement….. I would certainly have stipulations in there on how it was to be used.

I would think there is an agreement between the donor and college as to how it would be used.

Just don’t see how the government could step in and use it at their discretion….much less at a private institution.

For example, if I was to donate a mil to a college to use as an endorsement….. I would certainly have stipulations in there on how it was to be used.

I would think there is an agreement between the donor and college as to how it would be used.

Just don’t see how the government could step in and use it at their discretion….much less at a private institution.
But but they did it to Trump why can’t they do it to anyone or anything.

to finish
an excellent point.!

PUG

not you, but you!
best understand from whence I come!?
wings may make a fellow feel aloft...
aka , better.

Last edited:

to finish
an excellent point.!

PUG

not you, but you!
best understand from whence I come!?
wings may make a fellow feel aloft...
aka , better.

Excellent…..’Listen To What The Man Said’. Would be a good song out on the political campaign

The Venus and Mars album reminded me of a group named Big Bad Voodoo Daddy for some reason.

One of the coolest names ever imo. Not sure whatever happened to them. Haven’t seen them since their first Super Bowl appearance. I believe it was in Miami.

Last edited:

As far as donations, there are encumbered (with stipulations) and unencumbered. The encumbered have to be separated and tracked. They must be used as specified.

Most colleges/universities take federal funds. That's the foot in the door for the federal government to make demands via legislation (Title IX, for example).

Loan forgiveness after 10 years or so for teachers and law enforcement…..I can probably go along with some of that depending on the circumstances.

But loan forgiveness for all no matter is a different story.
I can’t go along with any of it, you can work your way through school. Many people do.

I can’t go along with any of it, you can work your way through school. Many people do.
Many people do not work their way through school. People who work their way are paying for rent and groceries not the price of tuition 95% of the time.

Irregardless of how you feel on the matter at some point student debt is going to be forgiven. The dems are either going to tax you for it or print more money (inflation) in order to pay for it. It will secure the new generation as democrat voters forever.

I’m proposing that the right seizes all higher education monies. Use this to pay off the debt and then maybe go back 10-15 years and reimburse people who already have.

Then if there is money left over you can give it back to the schools with strings attached, no more DEI, no more teaching the lefts version of American history etc. finally you the pull the government completely out of the loan business and make the schools underwrite moving forward.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I get it.....as I have mentioned it before, I worked and sent my way through. It wasn't easy, but I did it....my family was too damn poor at the time to do it for me. But I wouldn't switch the way I grew up with anyone.

Everybody should be poor at least once time in their lives. I certainly didn't like it, but I learned a lot.

I have also worked and sent/sending my two daughters through. The youngest has only a few more months to go, but it is paid for. The oldest graduated about 4 years ago (UArk-Fayetteville).....and hers is paid for also.

As I said above, "personal responsibility" is probably the best answer:

("The issue I would have is for those that paid their way or paid their loans off. I guess it all can be argued, no easy answer for now other than being personally responsible").

What I am referring to when I say that I could probably/possibly go along with for teachers and law enforcement after 10 years or so......is the shortage we have for both, neither is an easy job and should be paid more imo (daughter teaches).

FWIW.....there already is some type of loan forgiveness after 5 years for teachers. But it stipulates you have to be at the same school for all 5 of those years and it has to be at a low-income school.

Last edited:
As far as donations, there are encumbered (with stipulations) and unencumbered. The encumbered have to be separated and tracked. They must be used as specified.

Most colleges/universities take federal funds. That's the foot in the door for the federal government to make demands via legislation (Title IX, for example).
From what I remember, there are grants and loans (fed)......grants do not have to be repaid, loans do.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
From what I remember, there are grants and loans (fed)......grants do not have to be repaid, loans do.
Also true, and both loans and grants have terms that require institutions to follow federal government rules.

Last edited:
and there are a ton on this board lol
bunch of sell-outs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT