ADVERTISEMENT

They Hate Us & They All Wanna Be Us

fprex

Pocket Dogs - I always got a hot dog in my pocket
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2006
Reading another thread about our easy opening schedule and it reminded me of a few examples displaying how our rivals despise us yet can’t help but want to be us.

I now live in extreme NE TN right beside the VA state line. It’s still Vols country with a few Hokies and Appy State fans mixed in. As I listened to TN fans talking about the upcoming season, so many statements about the Vols were followed by Georgia statements/questions.

“Who does Georgia start the season with?” “How many RBs do they have now - 5 or 6?” “I always plan around the Vols’ game and make sure to watch Georgia no matter who they’re playing. Might turn on Bama depending on the matchup.” And I can’t forget a statement one of my co-workers made when Raiola committed. “Y’all just got the #1 player in the nation. You may never lose a game again.”

The Dawgs are constantly on their minds.

Another example: I am huge into fantasy football and play in several Dynasty IDP leagues. (where you don’t draft a team defense but individual defensive players) Every single draft season I’m on the outside looking in when it comes to drafting Dawgs. They all go earlier than expected and 100% to rival SEC fans, mostly TN. It blows my mind. In rookie drafts, you NEVER draft a defensive player in the first 8 or so picks and rarely in the first round. Nakobe Dean went #1 overall last year - to a lifelong Vols fan.

They ALL want to be us. Don’t forget it for a moment. I’ve waited my whole life for this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News