ADVERTISEMENT

They shouldn't let'em do that ... should they?

Hell yes!!!!!
This is complete BS. This has happened tens of thousands of times in that time period. CDC stats show about 1.6 million times per year people do this. So in 60 days that would be about 266.000 times.
of course, they say AT LEAST 12 times so they didn’t technically lie, but they want to make it look very rare.

This is complete BS. This has happened tens of thousands of times in that time period. CDC stats show about 1.6 million times per year people do this. So in 60 days that would be about 266.000 times.
of course, they say AT LEAST 12 times so they didn’t technically lie, but they want to make it look very rare.
You should read the article, particularly the 4-5 paragraphs attributed to John Lott.

And the last paragraph of the article:

"National surveys find that firearms are rarely fired when used to stop a violent attack," Professor Gary Mauser of Canada’s Simon Fraser University told Real Clear Investigations last year. "Such cases are unlikely to be reported to the police, and even less likely to found in media stories. Relying upon media stories would greatly underestimate the true number of defensive gun uses."

You should read the article, particularly the 4-5 paragraphs attributed to John Lott.

And the last paragraph of the article:

"National surveys find that firearms are rarely fired when used to stop a violent attack," Professor Gary Mauser of Canada’s Simon Fraser University told Real Clear Investigations last year. "Such cases are unlikely to be reported to the police, and even less likely to found in media stories. Relying upon media stories would greatly underestimate the true number of defensive gun uses."
I did, but I think they still tried to be vague and downplay the actual numbers. Throw in the fact they include the propaganda from Everytown and Moms demand action and that makes me question their true motives.
maybe I’m just too jaded by the usual media bias and ignorance on firearms.

I did, but I think they still tried to be vague and downplay the actual numbers. Throw in the fact they include the propaganda from Everytown and Moms demand action and that makes me question their true motives.
maybe I’m just too jaded by the usual media bias and ignorance on firearms.
It is on Yahoo! after all. Noticed that they inserted a few pages of opinions before you get to the facts, because most people won't read that far. I was surprised they included the parts I mentioned at all.

It is on Yahoo! after all. Noticed that they inserted a few pages of opinions before you get to the facts, because most people won't read that far. I was surprised they included the parts I mentioned at all.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I will give them half credit for including anything from John Lott. John Lott is Kryptonite to democrat talking points.

You know, the term "gun control" is very misleading also. What they really want is people control and this is just a necessary step in reaching their ultimate goal and people miss that point when we all use that term.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I will give them half credit for including anything from John Lott. John Lott is Kryptonite to democrat talking points.

You know, the term "gun control" is very misleading also. What they really want is people control and this is just a necessary step in reaching their ultimate goal and people miss that point when we all use that term.
Did you see my Tulsi Gabbard post?

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT