ADVERTISEMENT

Think we’re having a huge overreaction to this loss…

Finance Dawg

NOT Finance Dawg
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2017
Memphis, TN
Our starter starts off the game bad. Our closer comes in and can’t close it out. There’s a lot of silver lining to this, so put the pitch forks down for a moment…

A lot of the same issues reared their head. Walks, hit batters, free bases. I saw @Gfunk20 post a quote from Strick after the game. In the postgame radio show, he acknowledged how we keep giving up free bases and how the older guys are primarily allowing this. He said he won’t hesitate to throw in a younger arm and give them a shot if it becomes an issue tomorrow.

Yes, we have a problem. A consistent problem. Woods may not be a starter, but who’s to say that he can’t come out of the pen and have a similar stretch relief role as he’s had in the past. Our relievers pitched some pretty good innings, and our bullpen was our biggest weakness coming out of fall ball and preseason. I take this as a good sign that we pitched some strong middle innings.

The sky is falling tonight. Good thing we play them 2 more times this weekend. A loss early in the season will not haunt us. I’d rather have them now than later on when we’re in conference play.

Keep the pitch forks away… wait until mid-April to decide whether to break them out again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News