ADVERTISEMENT

THIS IS BIG: Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger Refuses to Testify Under Oath About Secretary of State’s Dominion Voting Machines

doerunn

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2001
doerun and inverness
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/this-is-big-georgia-secretary-state-brad-raffensperger/

As The Gateway Pundit reported earlier this year – the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia unsealed the 96-page Halderman Report in June 2023- the Security Analysis of Georgia’s ImageCast X Ballot Marking Devices.
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger was hiding this report from the public for two years.
University of Michigan Professor of Computer Science and Engineering J. Halderman and Security Researcher and Assistant Professor at Auburn University Drew Sringall collaborated on the report where they discovered many exploitable vulnerabilities in the Dominion Voting Systems’ ImageCast X system.
Far-left Georgia Judge Amy Totenberg sealed and covered up the results of the investigation on Dominion voting machines in Georgia and sat on the report for two years until its release last summer.
The report confirms that votes can be altered in the Dominion voting machines. In fact, the report reveals that the Dominion software is vulnerable and can be hacked.

In other news: if you give a thief the keys to your car, there's a chance your car could get stolen.

I want to know more. This doesn’t sound good overall. I want more facts before I jump in with both feet.

The part that is disturbing is that he will not testify. Maybe there is a legit reason. But that isn’t a good sign usually. Even you have to admit most times this is a sign of guilt for something.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/this-is-big-georgia-secretary-state-brad-raffensperger/

As The Gateway Pundit reported earlier this year – the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia unsealed the 96-page Halderman Report in June 2023- the Security Analysis of Georgia’s ImageCast X Ballot Marking Devices.
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger was hiding this report from the public for two years.
University of Michigan Professor of Computer Science and Engineering J. Halderman and Security Researcher and Assistant Professor at Auburn University Drew Sringall collaborated on the report where they discovered many exploitable vulnerabilities in the Dominion Voting Systems’ ImageCast X system.
Far-left Georgia Judge Amy Totenberg sealed and covered up the results of the investigation on Dominion voting machines in Georgia and sat on the report for two years until its release last summer.
The report confirms that votes can be altered in the Dominion voting machines. In fact, the report reveals that the Dominion software is vulnerable and can be hacked.
Old news.

If you're believing The Gateway Pundit you might want to rethink your news sources. They've published numerous blatantly false stories. I have no idea what Raffensburger did or did not testify to but I'm sure as hell not taking The Gateway Pundits word for anything.

Old news.

Sorry. The refusal to testify isn’t old news. Just happened. Likely a good explanation. But I would like to hear it. Especially since you are talking about a report that said vulnerabilities exist but we don’t think they were exploited. What a terrible read. That was reassuring to you? You need to read your own articles. You claim Russian interference in 2016. Yet no proof they changed anything is out there. But here the report says, well, it is a compromised voting system but no one seemed to use those vulnerabilities against us. 🤦‍♂️. Thank you for that report will. I will sleep much better.

The ole, well, lots of shit is wrong with these dang machines. Needs to be fixed immediately. No one caught it this time, so no harm no foul. Haha. I am dying here. 🤣

Last edited:

Raffensperger has also refused to install the update that Dominion wrote to address the vulnerabilities identified in the Halderman report prior to the 2024 election. In 2020, Raffensperger and Gabriel Sterling oversaw the statewide implementation of a software update from Dominion just days before voting began (October of 2020).

Last edited:
Sorry. The refusal to testify isn’t old news. Just happened. Likely a good explanation. But I would like to hear it. Especially since you are talking about a report that said vulnerabilities exist but we don’t think they were exploited. What a terrible read. That was reassuring to you? You need to read your own articles. You claim Russian interference in 2016. Yet no proof they changed anything is out there. But here the report says, well, it is a compromised voting system but no one seemed to use those vulnerabilities against us. 🤦‍♂️. Thank you for that report will. I will sleep much better.

The ole, well, lots of shit is wrong with these dang machines. Needs to be fixed immediately. No one caught it this time, so no harm no foul. Haha. I am dying here. 🤣
Also with Silicon Valley backing the Dems with all their money. You don’t think they know or would hack the system.

Old news.

How many elections did CISA investigate? The question is not about how many elections officials they talked to, but for how many elections did CISA go and examine and evaluate the election systems themselves?

Here's a hint regarding the nature of the CISA statement: Election officials do not necessarily know when their systems have been exploited due to poor controls and lack of oversight.

Also, the article states the following:
CISA is "closely engaged with election officials across the country to help them address these vulnerabilities by applying the mitigations recommended in the advisory."

Has Georgia implemented the fixes recommended by CISA? HInt: The CISA Advisory is based on the Halderman report.

Old news.

Yet Texas has announced they're not using them. Of course, it's their prerogative but there does seem to be a lot of smoke and a legit panel of experts who decry the use of Dominion.

I'm still not clear why a country like France can vote by hand and count them all in one day, but we choose to use machines that many don't trust and for some secret reason take days to count in some locales.

How many elections did CISA investigate? The question is not about how many elections officials they talked to, but for how many elections did CISA go and examine and evaluate the election systems themselves?

Here's a hint regarding the nature of the CISA statement: Election officials do not necessarily know when their systems have been exploited due to poor controls and lack of oversight.

Also, the article states the following:
CISA is "closely engaged with election officials across the country to help them address these vulnerabilities by applying the mitigations recommended in the advisory."

Has Georgia implemented the fixes recommended by CISA? HInt: The CISA Advisory is based on the Halderman report.
Security is not a static state and the discovery of a potential vulnerability in no way means a system was actually compromised. My reading of the report suggests that physical access to the equipment is required to exploit the vulnerability, which is a significant difference from something that can be hacked remotely.

Noteworthy that the only case in GA that I’m aware of involving a physical security breech of voting equipment involved perpetrators from the Trump campaign and the GOP down in Coffee County.

Old news.

"were ever exploited"

But the machines have been PROVEN to be EXPLOITABLE.

thepoint-you.gif

If you're believing The Gateway Pundit you might want to rethink your news sources. They've published numerous blatantly false stories. I have no idea what Raffensburger did or did not testify to but I'm sure as hell not taking The Gateway Pundits word for anything.
Care to site some examples?

Can be … could be …might be
So there’s no proof of anything other than the system had faults.

Im a Republican but going to need more than that before getting interested.

Care to site some examples?
Obama birtherism
Misidentified the Las Vegas mass shooting suspect as a Dem
Said Stoneman Douglas shooting victims were crises actors and the shooter was a Dem
Misidentified the Jacksonville Landing shooter as a Trump-hating Dem (seeing a theme here?)
Misidentified the driver in the Charlottesville riot as a Dem
Endless and baseless fraud claims regarding the 2020 election, including but not limited to absurd accusations regarding the GA election that has them involved in a defamation case.

Security is not a static state and the discovery of a potential vulnerability in no way means a system was actually compromised. My reading of the report suggests that physical access to the equipment is required to exploit the vulnerability, which is a significant difference from something that can be hacked remotely.

Noteworthy that the only case in GA that I’m aware of involving a physical security breech of voting equipment involved perpetrators from the Trump campaign and the GOP down in Coffee County.
I'm familiar with systems security. Usually, in a professionally managed systems environment, you install the fixes from the software vendor as a matter of keeping current. As you said, "security is not a static state," so updates are generally required and prioritized.

You get regular security updates for your computer's operating system. Do you ignore them because you haven't had a known security breach? Are you aware that Microsoft, Google and Apple make some changes to your operating system without your knowledge?

I find it curious (to say the least) that Georgia's Secretary of State refuses to update voting system software to the most current version supported. CISA recommended that they do it. Dominion recommended that they do it. The Halderman analysis recommended that they do it. In 2020, Herr Raffensperger and Gabriel Sterling implemented a software update within days of the start of voting (October of 2020), but they can't be bothered now. Why not?

Physical access to the machines is not rare. Thousands of voters use the machines. Hundreds of election workers, temps and contractors have physical access to machines. In several Georgia counties, outside personnel had direct physical access to machines and software.

As I'm about to demonstrate, the most exposed part of the voting system is external memory cards used to collect voting information and to feed central voting counts. These cards are necessary to use in applications where connection to the internet is not allowed. Security around them is suspect. All you need is one among the thousands in a state at some point before votes are compiled by the Election Management System (EMS).

I really don't give a rat's ass what party they belong to. Weak systems are bad for everybody except criminals. Here is a video clip that you have not seen before, from a documentary named "Hacking Democracy." This is not the documentary I have mentioned on this board previously. Please note the devastation when these election officials find that their system has been hacked right under their noses.

Last edited:
I'm familiar with systems security. Usually, in a professionally managedsystems environment, you install the fixes from the software vendor as a matter of keeping current. As you said, "security is not a static state," so updates are generally required and prioritized.

You get regular security updates for your computer's operating system. Do you ignore them because you haven't had a known security breach? Are you aware that Microsoft, Google and Apple make some changes to your operating system without your knowledge?

I find it curious (to say the least) that Georgia's Secretary of State refuses to update voting system software to the most current version supported. CISA recommended that they do it. Dominion recommended that they do it. The Halderman analysis recommended that they do it. In 2020, Herr Raffensperger and Gabriel Sterling implemented a software update within days of the start of voting (October of 2020), but they can't be bothered now. Why not?

Physical access to the machines is not rare. Thousands of voters use the machines. Hundreds of election workers, temps and contractors have physical access to machines. In several Georgia counties, outside personnel had direct physical access to machines and software.

As I'm about to demonstrate, the most exposed part of the voting system is external memory cards used to collect voting information and to feed central voting counts. These cards are necessary to use in applications where connection to the internet is not allowed. Security around them is suspect. All you need is one among the thousands in a state at some point before votes are compiled by the Election Management System (EMS).

I really don't give a rat's ass what party they belong to. Weak systems are bad for everybody except criminals. Here is a video clip that you have not seen before, from an HBO documentary called "Hacking Democracy." Please note this is not the documentary I have mentioned on this board previously. Please note the devastation when these election officials find that their system has been hacked right under their noses.

Here is what I don't understand and I knows I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. When I voted I was handed a paper ballot that I had to look at and verify my choices. This ballot exist as a way to audit Dominion voting machines. Georgia did a hand recount involving thousands of volunteer election workers across the state, who don't know each other, and came up with the same results. This recount did not involve Dominion voting machines. Seems to me if there is fraud with the machine it's going to show up in a hand recount. Am I wrong?

I want to know more. This doesn’t sound good overall. I want more facts before I jump in with both feet.

The part that is disturbing is that he will not testify. Maybe there is a legit reason. But that isn’t a good sign usually. Even you have to admit most times this is a sign of guilt for something.
He has not refused to testify.

The District Court recently ruled that he has to testify at the bench trial in January. He is appealing that order to the 11th Circuit. If he loses the appeal (and he likely will), he will testify.

The “RAFFENSPERGER REFUSES TO TESTIFY” to headline is click bait in its purest form, designed to elicit the type of uninformed responses set forth in this thread.

Here is what I don't understand and I knows I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. When I voted I was handed a paper ballot that I had to look at and verify my choices. This ballot exist as a way to audit Dominion voting machines. Georgia did a hand recount involving thousands of volunteer election workers across the state, who don't know each other, and came up with the same results. This recount did not involve Dominion voting machines. Seems to me if there is fraud with the machine it's going to show up in a hand recount. Am I wrong?

Sort of, but it is not your fault. The short answer is that the SoS lied to you about that. Fulton County vote counts could never be reconciled. They had to sign a consent agreement with SoS Raffensperger on the original totals, which was submitted to the Georgia Elections Board.

Statewide, the totals of the ballot displays were never reconciled to the QR code counts. It doesn't matter what the words on that printout said, the only thing counted by the scanners was the QR code. That code is proprietary to the Georgia Dominion voting system. There is no way to verify the QR code's contents independently. It only works on the Georgia ImageCast scanners with the programming for the 2020 Election.

Georgia is one of only 4 states nationwide that still use Ballot Marking Devices for most voters. These machines introduce additional points of complication and possible failure to the system unnecessarily. The simple solution is to use a paper ballot that you mark with a blue pen, then feed into the ImageCast scanner to tally your ballot. That's the way most US voting systems, including most Dominion systems, work.

The District Court recently ruled that he has to testify at the bench trial in January. He is appealing that order to the 11th Circuit. If he loses the appeal (and he likely will), he will testify.

The “RAFFENSPERGER REFUSES TO TESTIFY” to headline is click bait in its purest form, designed to elicit the type of uninformed responses set forth in this thread.
That’s why I stated I wanted to know more. The article of proof will posted was anything but comforting. The machine is incredibly vulnerable but no one has decided to use those vulnerabilities yet. Sounds great. Georgia decided not to sign off on fixing these issues. Even better.

Last edited:

Why is the court having to force him to testify.... do you even read what you post? You expect someone else besides a dim to fall for such a flimsy excuse? LOL SMH

Raffensperger has also refused to install the update that Dominion wrote to address the vulnerabilities identified in the Halderman report prior to the 2024 election. In 2020, Raffensperger and Gabriel Sterling oversaw the statewide implementation of a software update from Dominion just days before voting began (October of 2020).
The lawsuit was filed in 2017. Help me understand how anything you are making reference to is relevant to this particular conversation.

I'm familiar with systems security. Usually, in a professionally managed systems environment, you install the fixes from the software vendor as a matter of keeping current. As you said, "security is not a static state," so updates are generally required and prioritized.

I really don't give a rat's ass what party they belong to. Weak systems are bad for everybody except criminals. Here is a video clip that you have not seen before, from a documentary named "Hacking Democracy." This is not the documentary I have mentioned on this board previously. Please note the devastation when these election officials find that their system has been hacked right under their noses.

Seems they responded in 2022…

The lawsuit was filed in 2017. Help me understand how anything you are making reference to is relevant to this particular conversation.
Not sure what you don't get, but here are the basics.

1. Curling v. Raffensperger is ongoing and set to continue in January.
2. The Halderman Report was prepared specifically for this case and submitted into evidence in July of 2021.
3. The Halderman Report was kept under seal by Judge Totenberg, and was only made public this year. However, plaintiff's attorneys, Judge Totenberg, defendant Raffensperger and Dominion Voting Systems have all had the unredacted full report since 2021.
4. CISA was also given the data from the the report to prepare their June of 2022 advisory to election officials nationwide concerning vulnerabilities in the Dominion ImageCast BMD's.
5. Dominion also revised their ImageCast software to address the vulnerabilities identified in the Halderman Report.

Far right, fake news website.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT