ADVERTISEMENT

This is not a serious post, so don't take it seriously. Not that we would ever do this, but I beleive we could get away with it...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
First I have zero doubt that we could play 14 personnel and get away with it. But I bet we wouldn't do half bad if we're forced to somehow live in a world with no rbs, only five TE's, just because I believe Bowers could adequately move the ball on the ground and because 0 and Fitz are such fantastic blockers. Brock is just so dynamic and strong with the ball in his hands, and not only is he extremely strong with a full head of steam, he can truly accelerate.

On a serious note, I think we are transforming our philosophy on offense and rethinking the role and responsibility of TE's. I think TE's will even have a bigger and more dynamic role in next year's offense... and I'm REALLY exited about how many more looks we're going to see with tighter looks with three legit pass catching tight ends on the field (and I'm talking about 0, Delp and Brock). Running the ball isn't the only way to soften a d. Passes to large dynamic targets, I believe can help soften smaller LB's and safeties who are going to be forced to cover and tackle these guys.

If we play more TE's, we are going to force more mismatches. Hell... IF we played 14 personnel (with the group we'll have next year) a defense having a corner on the field (at certain times), might be useless. I want us to use these looks enough to where a team will at least have to practice with a nickel package of 5 safeties. I see the possibility of serious abuse.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News