ADVERTISEMENT

This is probably beating a dead horse, so I apologize in advance.. RE: Cocktail Party

DerkDawg1027

“It was a rebuilding year.” -Nick Saban
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2008
So, I have admittedly TOTALLY fallen off the wagon with keeping up with recruiting since kirby has taken all of my worries away in that realm. Having 2 toddlers boys under 4 running wild and crazy around the clock also has something to do with that too.

Anyways, I just noticed when reading the article about Tray Scott winning the recruiter of the year, that he landed 3 five stars on the DL this cycle. Incredible. Anyway, as I clicked each players profile, I noticed…. Florida. Florida. Jacksonville, Florida. Scott’s next highest DL recruit, a lowly top 50 player nationally.. also from Florida. So it looks like we have a historic Dline class, exclusively out of the state of Florida.

Do you think Kirby is rethinking his thoughts on moving the GA/FL game out of Florida? I get kirby is king and is going to get what he wants, but I think he is miscalculating if he thinks this will be a net recruiting win to move the game. The desire to have one more day to host prospects every other year seems very short-sited when you think about the work we are doing in Florida right now (and the past several years) in Florida.

And it is definitely putting us at a disadvantage on the field (gives Florida a chance to beat us every other year at home when they ain’t beating us in Jax on a neutral field once in the next decade IMO).

TLDR: keep GA/FL in Jacksonville

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News