ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting This makes a lot more sense regarding Michigan

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
One of our favorite high school coaches was speaking with a Michigan coach. He sent me this in regards to the Wolverines going to Australia.

"Just spoke with the Michigan assistant coach and I asked him about the trip to Australia. Apparently Australia has 3 big-time punters, but the special teams coach told Harbaugh that he won’t offer a kid unless he can see him live. The next day the coach gets an email (Coach was in shock) with a flight itinerary to the Samoan Islands and then to Australia. Only two coaches are making this trip. Coach said he is dreading the 24 hour straight flight back home. They are also going from Adidas back to NIKE gear. So they are donating all Adidas gear to the Samoan Islands. (Pretty damn smart). Figured you would want to know the real story behind the trip."

Sending just two coaches makes a LOT more sense. And the first place outside the country I advocated visiting was American Samoa. Sending the whole staff during the very limited evaluation period would be ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News