ADVERTISEMENT

This team lacks confidence...

HacksawDawg

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2001
Buford, GA
This team simply needs a fast start to build confidence. We may not have the headliners we've had, but I continue to dismiss the idea that we don't have good WR and CB. We absolutely do on both accounts. I'm tired of poor mouthing these positions as if they're lost causes when they're not.

CB is a confidence position. Everyone in the country wanted Everette and Humphrey and Harris and Robinson. They're elite talents who should all eventually play on Sundays. They simply aren't playing with any confidence right now. That's why Ellis has stood out - people recognize a swagger with him. Still, though, ER1 is a dog barking at the bear because he doesn't realize the bear can kill him. That can benefit a true freshman, though. It can also be contagious in a huddle.

We are not slow on D - we run like deer across the board. We are PLAYING slow. That slowness is indecision, slow diagnosis, not trusting our eyes - all confidence issues.

28-0 unraveled quickly and we looked passive as a team. Lack of confidence. We only started playing loose when it appeared we no longer had anything to lose.

Body language. Lack of excitement. Lack of leadership. All can be drawn back to lack of confidence.

I do not think this is a 2021/22 squad, but I absolutely believe this team can win the NC this year. No question.

Confidence is a funny thing. It's fragile. It can put reigns on talented teams. But when a team is infused with a little bit of it, it can snowball quickly and turn a plodding group into a dominant force.

CREATE confidence early. Scheme aggressively. If it backfires, so be it. I still love the Bama gameplan - don't abandon that approach just because it didn't work in Tuscaloosa. Playing conservatively only fuels what is holding us back. Aggression is what this team desperately needs.

CUT IT LOOSE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.