ADVERTISEMENT

This will curse CW13 forever...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
I'm not trying to pile on BTW. But he chose a certain path as a public figure. Because he chose this path, he's going to be roasted far worse than others if they were in this position. He will get very little sympathy, certainly as long as the memories of him crying publicly (a lot) and his family being the Big Baller Brand of CFB, exist.

He's a great talent and incredibly bright kid, and I truly hope some in his camp (who did a great job of preparing Caleb in certain respects) will be more cognizant of what they as a group and Caleb put out to the rest of the world. Kids who are presented as a commodity - an enterprise, above their peers, just won't get the same shake others will from the public. On a side note, If they are this dead set on Caleb being a commodity, they blew way past the importance of PR.

I've never had money, but I realize why people who have had money for a while (like pro athletes about 10 years after their first big contract), but not inherited wealth, constantly preach an old-money approach (as well as resolve and being emotionally tough) to their children after the perils of handling their money and public affairs poorly.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News