ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts heading to 2024….

FlatsWaterDawg

War Daddy
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
QB: does Beck come back? I’m leaning yes, but I think Brock is transferring out either way.

So if no Beck, we’ve got Gunner followed by two true freshman in the room. That’s a young, inexperienced room without Beck.

RB: With Edwards and Milton gone, going to be relying on some youth in this room. Can any of the three true freshman make an impact?

WR: better hit the portal hard here, b/c we’re going to have a lot of losses to both graduation and the portal ourselves (would expect to lose 3-4 to the portal out of this room alone)

TE: certainly won’t be the feature room it’s been with Bowers gone. Makes the above portal for WR position even more important.

OL: Imagine we see some combination of Wilson at C, Morris/Fairchild at G, and Greene/Freeling at T. I have a lot of concerns about the depth at T, as we simply haven’t recruited well enough there the past couple of cycles.

Starting 5 could be solid, but depth is a concern.

DL: better hope to hit on the portal here. Talent is down at the interior positions in Athens, and we saw it last night. Amazing how quickly that room turned.

Miller shows flashes, can Hall/Jah take the next step to help out? Mykell needs to as well.

We need immediate interior talent infusion out of the portal- can we find it/afford it?

OLB: Time to watch the young talent in this room shine in 2024. We’ll see more production from this group, imo. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a big name portal out though.

ILB: will be a strength of the team/defense. Elite talent in that room, but it was young and it showed last night. We’ll see portal losses here as well, imo.

CB: Losing 3 hurts, but some good young talent in this room. Can 6 transition from always being in position to actually making plays when there? Hopefully Humphrey gets healthy and is back, and excited about Ellis coming in, he’s as good as it gets as a prospect.

Expect you’ll see a couple portal out though.

Safety/Star: I’m doubting Bullard is back, so who will play opposite Malaki? And who plays star? You figure Joenel fits in at one of the two spots.

——————-

Also expect to see major turnover in the coaching staff.

Fran already gone, and would keep an eye on Hartley/Schu/Dell/BMac.

Will also see a number of support staff losses, just like most years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News