ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on crowd noise…

Lumpdawg

War Daddy
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2001
Yes, the crowd was off, but let’s look deeper into why.
  • Georgia was coming off an emotional loss to Bama. A game we seemed unprepared to play the first 30 minutes. We finally woke up the second half only to have our hearts ripped out at the end. The fans we’re emotionally spent
  • The pregame and in-game production borders on high school level quality. Our pregame videos and songs seem like we’re welcoming visitors for a good time as opposed to setting the tone for a fight. The in-game production is worse. Outside of the fourth quarter light up Sanford, do we do anything to fire the crowd? We don’t have a set rotation of songs the crowd participates in. Bama has like five. Speaking of Bama, I was talking to a lifelong Dawg fan, and he took his high school age son to Tuscaloosa last week. The ingame production was so much better, he said he lost his son to Bama. The kid had such a better time even though his team lost. Our pregame and ingame production is stale and boring.
  • Speaking of boring, it describes our play-especially on the offensive side of the ball. After an incompletion on first down, even my wife knows a run up the middle is coming. Start making some electric plays with our electric players (I assume we have some based on our recruiting), and the crowd will cheer.
  • Our third down conversion went from one of the best in the country to middle of the pack. Start converting on third downs, and the crowd will be into the game more. No one outside his family comes to see the punter.
  • The speed and physicality of the defense is missing this year. We miss more tackles than I can ever remember, and we can’t cover a WR even if we have 15 men on the field. Where are the negative plays? Where are the sacks? Where are the bone crushing tackles? Where are the turnovers? Create those, and the fans will make some noise.
  • The penalties this year are killing momentum for the team and the crowd. It seemed like every big play yesterday had me scanning the field for a yellow hanky. Clean up the penalties, and the crowd will be in it more.
  • The kids are no longer playing for the live of the game. Several are getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you pay me thousands of dollars, I’ll be happy to tell my guys out.
  • Yes, the crowd made the most noise during the Vandy highlights. They were excited to see someone finally beating Bama; something we are unable to regularly do. Start beating Bama, and the crowd will make noise.
Yes, the crowd was off, but my question is “What are you doing to make the crowd loud and engaged?”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.