ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Ohio St/Georgia

Stevesgourmet

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2017
Here’s the main 3 things being said by the media who believe Ohio St either beats Georgia or keeps it close.

1. Styles make fights (Ohio Sts ability to pass downfield=Georgias only potential vulnerability)
2. Ohio St has just as much talent as Georgia and might have a better overall roster.
3. Ohio St is coming off a bad loss to a rival looking to bounce back extra motivated.

-What has Ohio St done with Stroud in big games to prove #1? They’re 0-2 against the only playoff team they’ve faced in Michigan and Stroud hasn’t been shut down, but he certainly hasn’t shown any next level play making ability when they need it the most.
On top of that his best weapon Smith is out and Henderson their RB1 isn’t 100% and likely won’t play. This game rests entirely on his shoulders if they can’t run the ball. Why should anyone believe he magically turns into Joe Burrow against the best defense he’s ever seen in Atlanta?

-I understand why #2 is said. 10/10 I would rather play TCU than Ohio St simply because of the potential of the roster, but at some point you have to show me and they haven’t done it once this season. Their most impressive game is probably against Penn St. That game was competitive all the way into the fourth and it wasn’t until there was about 5 minutes left that they closed it out. My point is we’ve seen them crush completely inferior opponents that have unbelievably challenged offenses, but there hasn’t been one game this year where I said oh wow that is a squad! Georgia has had multiple of those. Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and LSU.

-#3 might be true, but this is usually what is said when a team has gotten exposed and they’re looking for any angle to convince themselves Ohio St can win. Last year people acted like the Oregon loss was a fluke and said they’d be ready for Michigan. They got humiliated by Michigan and man handled again. Was it because they weren’t motivated and angry? No, it was because they’re soft as shit and quit when they start getting pushed around at the LOS. You can’t change your culture for one game. It’s a process. Ohio St might come out swinging, but they’re not prepared for 4 quarters of war like Michigan showed them and Georgia is a whole different level.

I may have gone full on Disney and you can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t see it with Ohio St. Their talent and motivation alone will likely keep them competitive in this contest for a half, but I think we blow this game open in the second half.

I see a 42-20 type game that turns into a fight like Fury/Wilder 3. Some shots will be traded early, but they’ll eventually empty their gas tank and reality will set in when we keep coming forward and smash their face to bits.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News