ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on today…

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
-Frustrating obviously. As frustrating and disappointing of a loss as we’ve had all season. I understand that we hit some balls hard. Had a few that looked to be HRs off the bat. But at the end of the day, we still for shutout. It’s hard to believe that we scored 24 runs the first two games and none today. They shakes out to 8 runs a game for the weekend. 8 would have won yesterday and it would have won today.

-It’s disappointing to me that we are into May, eight series into league play, and we haven’t REALLY settled on a lineup. We know Anderson will lead off. Acton will, probably, hit second. But after that it’s still in flux. If you think about our Omaha teams, or even 2018 and 2019, by this point in the year you know what the lineup is going to be. We know who is going to play right now, but not where they are going to hit (for the most part). I wonder how much that contributes to the inconsistency.

-I thought that Liam Sullivan pitched really well. I hated it for him that first inning. We botched the run down and then, I don’t know why in the world we gave Dominic Keegan anything to hit. But we did and it turned out that was all Vanderbilt needed. He pitched great after that.

-I didn’t hate going to Gowen when we did. It spoke to the importance of today. I hated it for him that it didn’t work out, but the decision was ok I thought. There might be a game in June where we need him to get 10-12 outs, or need to know if he can.

-Vanderbilt’s IF is pretty weak. They sure made some plays in CF and LF today.

-Carter Holton would be our Saturday guy. Was really impressed with him. Great breaking stuff and great poise. He looks young in the face, but carried himself like a vet today.

-There are 8 teams in the SEC with a worse record than we have. I know it feels like it’s slipping away right now. It does to me. But we are still 2 games over .500 in the league. I think hosting is a long shot, but we should still expect to play June baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News