ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts, our secondary really has their work cut out…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
for them Saturday. They have to communicate with each other and not have any mixups in coverage; they cannot give up the easy touchdown by getting beat deep; and any time a team that throws the ball deep as much as UT does, there are usually several pass interference calls which are very costly, and we must avoid those; intercept the ball when we have opportunities and not drop it.

We have to help our secondary by putting pressure on Hooker; disguise our coverages; We need to hit Hooker every chance we can and make him feel it. UT has a good running game, and we have to limit that.

I am very confident that Kirby and his defensive staff will come up with a good game plan for UT’s O.

On O we cannot have any turnovers. Stetson has to play a more consistent game; he was very good sometimes on Saturday but other times he was not. UT’s D is underrated and we have to be sharp on O; no dropped passes or fumbles. We need to control the ball, run the ball effectively, and we have to score TD’s when our O has the ball; I am confident that Monken and his staff will have our O prepared and we’ll be sharp and efficient.

I love the way this game is setting up for UGA…..I think UT will be voted No. 1 in the CFP Poll, which should motivate us, and maybe they will feel a little bit of pressure being ranked No. 1; we will have a decided home field advantage. This is Kirby’s kind of game!

Our injuries concern me, especially No. 4. I hope AD can play his week, and I hope AMims is ok. This game probably will be decided by the play Stetson…..as SB goes, so go the Dawgs. I think he brings it home, and UGA wins a close one. To those of you thinking UGA wins in a blowout, I hope you are right, but I think you are wrong. This will be a tough, hard-fought, close game IMHO.

Big kudos to the team, Kirby and his staff on an undefeated season so far! BEST OF LUCK AND GO DAWGS!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News